• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Soldiers

Link Master

The Hero's Master
I was playing Spirit Tracks the other day and was like why were the soldiers there? there were no other countries that could invade nothing happened until Coal unleashed the Demon king and that was after there were alot of soldiers.
So what do you think they were there for before the game starts?
I think they were there just to make sure no fights were going on no not monsters there were none before chancellor Cole unleashed them. What do you think?

Kybyrian

Well, every place like that should have guards. It's a castle with the king of the land and the princess and other important people inside of it, and should have guards, even if there aren't currently monsters roaming around everywhere. You just never know what could happen, and it's better safe than sorry.

Kybyrian explains why there are pretty well. And even though I have never played the game, I can still state that it's logical for the King to have Soldiers around his Castle at all times. You may think that because there are no enemies that no one will attack the King, but there are still threats such as a revolt, assassination attemps...etc that can be caused by everyday people.

An example is the British Monarchy, there are no other countries that are likely to start a war and try and kill the Royal Family, but there are threats such as people that hate the monarchy or terrorists. Therefore, she has guards around the castle, the Queen is a woman of very high status for obvious reasons, so it's quite necessary to protect her at all times when there seems to be threat to her or her family. As Kybyrian said, it's better to be safe than sorry.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
(Take into consideration that I have not played Spirit Tracks.)

But the guards are there because it is a place of interest, importance etc. The guards may just be there to give that place an important feel for the person playing the game. I know it seems in past Zelda games (Twilight Princess in particular) the guards seem to add a little comic relief, "Were going to save this lady!....... but we can't." :( it is funny and at the same time makes Link look brave. If they do serve a porpose other than that they are there for protection against domestic threats.

In real life there are guards in every importiant place, or where alot of people are. There are guards in The White House, Walmart, some Schools, Hospitals, Theme Parks, Malls etc. They are there just in case something happens.

Like Kybyrian said "Better safe than sorry."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom