• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Hyrule And Termina: The Composer Brothers

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
I have two questions for you guys ;).

1. Termina is the alternate Hyrule correct? What exactly does this mean? Was Hyrule transformed? Or is Termina just simply a neighboring land?

2. The composer brothers both in Termina and Hyrule(at the same time?) .....I don't get it.

I think my confusion speaks for itself so I will stop here.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Termina is an alternate dimension of Hyrule, like a copy of it in another world. Since it's a copy the people in termina are copies of the people in Hyrule. Therefore the composer brothers in Termina are copies of the composer brothers in Hyrule so there are like, four composer brothers two in hyrule and two in termina. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Termina is an alternate dimension of Hyrule, like a copy of it in another world. Since it's a copy the people in termina are copies of the people in Hyrule. Therefore the composer brothers in Termina are copies of the composer brothers in Hyrule so there are like, four composer brothers two in hyrule and two in termina. Hope this helps.

Oh really? That's interesting.....Thanks for the reply.

P

pokemainiac

Termina is supposed to be an alternate dimension. Whether or not you believe this or not (I do) is up to you. As an alternate dimension, they have another set of Composer Brothers.

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
This might not be true, the composer brothers could have travelled there, there is no major reason they couldn't, after all there is no Link in Termina, right? nor are there Kokiri, it could be after Ganondorf's attack was stopped the composer brothers decided they no longer needed to protect their sun song and the Royal family grave so they lef and wound up in Termina and then what happens happened.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Termina is an alternate dimension of the people. This is important, as Termina is a different land from Hyrule, just the people are the same, but have different names. They also have the same characteristics (kind of).
The Composer Brothers might fit the description is talked about, as they have the same role (Royal Composers), but the weird thing about them is that they have the same name. That could indicate they are the same, but I do not think so, as in MM, the Red one (Sharp?) is evil.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
This might not be true, the composer brothers could have travelled there, there is no major reason they couldn't, after all there is no Link in Termina, right? nor are there Kokiri, it could be after Ganondorf's attack was stopped the composer brothers decided they no longer needed to protect their sun song and the Royal family grave so they lef and wound up in Termina and then what happens happened.
"I am Flat, a composer who served the Ikana Royal Family." He shows the same amount of dedication to the Ikana RF as the OoT version did to they Hylian RF. Unless the Ikanians are the Hylians, it's almost certain that MM Sharp and Flat are mere counterparts to those in Hyrule.

M

Majora'sMask

But even if they are parallel dimesions( or alternate dimensions, whatever you want to call it), it doesn't mean that they have to be EXACTLY the same. They can be completeley different, and still be called parallel dimensions

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
ummm Majora I don't think you understand what a parallel/alternate dimension is exactly, you see it is the same world though usually with a few twists to it, like in this case instead of a lake we have an ocean, instead of a forest there is a swamp and the main town is at the center of it all instead of a ranch.

Not really a theory, so moved to Classic Zelda.

Termina is supposed to be an alternate dimension. Whether or not you believe this or not (I do) is up to you. As an alternate dimension, they have another set of Composer Brothers.
It's not something you can believe or not believe. It is stated as such in the Majora's Mask manual; it's an alternate dimension.

Citation from the manual if you don't believe me:

Welcome to Termina

This is a kind of parallel world which is similar to and yet different from the land of Hyrule, which was the setting for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Termina is an alternate dimension of the people. This is important, as Termina is a different land from Hyrule, just the people are the same, but have different names. They also have the same characteristics (kind of).
No, sorry, it is an alternate dimension not a foreign land. The people are parallels to the people in Hyrule's dimension.

"I am Flat, a composer who served the Ikana Royal Family." He shows the same amount of dedication to the Ikana RF as the OoT version did to they Hylian RF. Unless the Ikanians are the Hylians, it's almost certain that MM Sharp and Flat are mere counterparts to those in Hyrule.
The Ikana Royal Family and Hyrule Royal Family are not the same, so there is no possibility whatsoever of them being the same brothers. Besides, their deaths are different to boot. Ganondorf killed them both in Ocarina of Time, whereas in Majora's Mask Sharp killed Flat.

I do believe that Ikana Royal Family is the equivalent to the Hyrule Royal Family, but they still are parallels and not the same, thus the two sets of Composer Brothers are not the same.

ummm Majora I don't think you understand what a parallel/alternate dimension is exactly, you see it is the same world though usually with a few twists to it, like in this case instead of a lake we have an ocean, instead of a forest there is a swamp and the main town is at the center of it all instead of a ranch.
Not necessarily. Given that the concept of alternate dimensions is theoretical and very possibly not even true, we have no way of knowing what the rules are. Many versions in fiction say its just a different world occupying the same space, not one that actually contains more versions of us. So the idea of the land being different (which would make sense from different geological activity) isn't that unlikely, even with a version that contains parallel people.

Last edited:

Jedizora

:right:
The Ikana Royal Family and Hyrule Royal Family are not the same, so there is no possibility whatsoever of them being the same brothers. Besides, their deaths are different to boot. Ganondorf killed them both in Ocarina of Time, whereas in Majora's Mask Sharp killed Flat.
Where does it say that gannondorf killed them?

Where does it say that gannondorf killed them?
Their deaths are different in Majora's Mask, but in Ocarina of Time:

"Though we never could figure out the power of the Triforce, we had almost completed our study of controlling time with the tones of ocarinas. Uh, I mean... Actually, we did complete that study! We would have been famous, if that hateful Ganondorf had not tried to steal our results. We could never let him reap the fruits of our research! That's why we gave our lives to protect the secret."

So they were killed by Ganondorf in OoT.

I do not remember any point in time it said about the composer brothers being killed by Ganondorf, I do remember in MM that Flat was trapped but they could have been dead before then.
See above, but also, in Majora's Mask Flat says his brother Sharp is the one who sealed him up in the grave you find him in. It never states specifically, but he may have been killed by Sharp. Or perhaps they simply perished as all Ikanians did and THEN Sharp sealed Flat up. The latter is actually the most likely considering how ancient Ikana is and the fact that we can confirm both Flat and Sharp to be Ikanians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom