• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hylian Voice Acting

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
I think Nintendo should give sound to the Hylian alphabet by having completely Hylian voice acting in a future game (With text so you can understand it of course). It would be a nice compromise for voice acting since any real language would in my opinion ruin the mythical feel of the Legend of Zelda series. This way you can hear the characters talk, but have it still feel true to the series.

Tell me what you guys think of the idea. :)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Like Midna's voice acting in Twilight princess? No.

It'd be a good way to compromise, to be sure. But I don't like it. I disliked Midna's voice in Twilight Princess. It was amusing at times but overall I found it incredibly annoying. That being said, it wouldn't stop me from buying the game if Nintendo ever did this for a Zelda game.

Lupine

Sacred Beast
Well, if you look at Okami, every character emits Midna-ish voices while speaking. It didn't ever bother me, really, and it gave the player a clue as to what the voice of said character sounded like. It would be a cool idea, no doubt, but I think that I'd stick to the silence that most characters carry out with the exception of a few grunts, weird vocalizations, and screams here and there. Midna's and Phi's voice acting is perfect for them, and it's one thing I love about them both, actually, but I would prefer that they keep the voices limited to specific people.

Also, could you imagine how many people would try to learn it as a second language? just sayin'... xD

Last edited:
I dunno, but at the end of TP, it sure sounds like Midna says, "You should see your face!". I think the voice-actor/actress who provided her voice actually spoke an audible (real life) language (when recording), but then it was auto-tuned and scrambled up or something by a sound mixing device. The same may be the case with Phi.

If the Hyrule citizens are ever given audible speech, I'd like to hear something like Jabun or King Hyrule from the Wind Waker, but not for everyone. It would be cool to hear some more real words thrown around as well like, "Come on", "Thank you", and "Wait!(it sounds like Medli says this sometimes)", all of which were featured in WW. There are a few other examples as well, but I'm too lazy to list them right now.:P

Pur nuyh an wiu wit. U shud cee ur fase. -Midna

I refer to them all collectively as Hylians, to save time and space, I guess. Also, I think a Goron's voice would be kinda gravely, and a Zora's might be like Mikau/Zora Link. :) The latter of which I hope never happens.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
in Majora's Mask, the grunts emitted from the Links (Deku, Goron, Zora) sounded very cool to me. i think they should do it again in the same manner of Midna from TP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom