• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hylian Shield?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Wow, I just noticed that in the scene were Link gets the Hero's cloths, he has the Skyward Sword, we can see that it's green, but he doesn't have a shield. I think this matters because this is an actual cutscene in the game (why would they put fake cutscenes in a trailer?). So Link doesn't have the Hylian Shield when he sets off to Hyrule! Wich now makes perfect sense that it has the triforce on it! Here is the FABULOUS! trailer...

[video=youtube;P155wBiLu4c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P155wBiLu4c[/video]

See at 1:00

Djinn

and Tonic
I imagine the Hylian shield was there in the playable demo for all the same reasons there were several potions, lots of hearts, and multiple items. To make things easier for the demo players at E3. And to give players a taste of the game. If Link only had three hearts, a wooden shield, no hero's bow, and no beetle, then that demo would have been terrible. and it would not have displayed many of the capabilities of the new control scheme with the items.

Because of this I am assuming the Hylian shield does not actually appear until much later in the game. Probably closer to a founding of the Hylian people or kingdom within the story. It already looks very different from the other two shields which are much simpler and have similar bird foot designs painted on them. Probably more traditional designs of the Skyloft people. Link might acquire the more recognized Hylian shield later maybe around the time he gains the Master Sword. More familiar designs and items might start appearing around this time as well. We will have to see.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Wow, I just noticed that in the scene were Link gets the Hero's cloths, he has the Skyward Sword, we can see that it's green, but he doesn't have a shield. I think this matters because this is an actual cutscene in the game (why would they put fake cutscenes in a trailer?). So Link doesn't have the Hylian Shield when he sets off to Hyrule! Wich now makes perfect sense that it has the triforce on it! Here is the FABULOUS! trailer...

See at 1:00

Skyward Sword.jpg
Here's the screenshot of it. And, yes, that is the Skyward Sword. It was confirmed by one of Ghirahim's quotes.

To add to what you guys are saying in all the parts that look like cut scenes have no shield or the wooden shield so yea the hylain shied is probably the indestructible one you get near the end. Thought I was kind of hoping for a mirror shield.:(

V

VirgilTheart

So far, the only image of the Triforce I've seen in the game is the Hylian Shield. And on the Master Sword in the images from E3 2010, but that seems to have been changed with what appears to be the Skyward Sword prior to becoming the Master Sword. So maybe the Triforce is connected to the forging of the Master Blade or something? :)

i would like to point out that there are symbols similar to the triforce on the robes of the bald headed man in orange. if you look at the thing around his neck it is red with gold triangles on it. i'm sorry i don't know the proper word for what he is wearing around his neck. i just know the catholic priest wear similar ones except different colors with crosses on them.

I do believe those Guardians from the Siren World had Triforces on their robe, but if I remember correctly, upon closer inspection, they turned out to be something else...or something. I don't think the footage of the Siren World was clear enough ascertain the exact designs featured on the Guardians' robes...so yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom