• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hylian Shield?

M

Mankirk

Im a little confused by the fact that the hylian shield is in the game and it has the triforce in it. Does this mean that the triforce already exists in the world below or something like that ?
Im curious to see if the triforce was created or if it already exists . Dosen't make sense for the shield to have it if the person who forged it doesn't know about the existance of the triforce xD
I don't know if this is stated in the trailers or mentioned by the devs , if so im sorry:hmm: , but if not , what do you guys think ?:D
(also , sorry for my bad english)

Beeker

Wild Card
I actually have a feeling the Hylian Shield will be acquired later in the game. Maybe it was put in the demo to give some variety, as there was also a wooden shield and and iron shield, which were much weaker. The wood and iron shields look quite different form the Hylian shield, as they have bird footprints on them, These are probably originated from Skyloft.
Maybe in Skyward Sword we'll also see how the design for the Hylian Shield was created. Idunno. *shrug*

H

Huxley

When the world was created the Triforce was made, I think. I see no reason for there not to be a Triforce in Skyward Sword.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
I don't get it either, the triforce doesn't appear anywhere else, not even on Zelda's dress. . . or on the door that we see Ghirahim trying to break open, but we do seem to have an overload of the Hylian Creast (Later, the emblem of the Royal Family). . . It just doesn't seem like a Zelda game without the Triforce, although, the Triforce wasn't in Spirit Tracks, nor Phantom Hourglass and if sure wasn't in Majora's Mask, so i guess it's like a tradition that in every other Zelda game the Triforce doen't make an appearance, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exsist, remember the many, many stories in Ocarina of Time of how Hyrule and the lands around it were made? So obviously, this is after that, but I guess not many people at that point in time knew about the Sacred Relic, or maybe the Skyloftians weren't notified about it, that would mean that the people below the clouds, (depending on if there are any at this point) are fully aware. This is just a therory, it's a bit more logical than "The Triforce not being created yet" but again, this is just a therory. . .

H

Huxley

I don't get it either, the triforce doesn't appear anywhere else, not even on Zelda's dress. . . or on the door that we see Ghirahim trying to break open, but we do seem to have an overload of the Hylian Creast (Later, the emblem of the Royal Family). . . It just doesn't seem like a Zelda game without the Triforce, although, the Triforce wasn't in Spirit Tracks, nor Phantom Hourglass and if sure wasn't in Majora's Mask, so i guess it's like a tradition that in every other Zelda game the Triforce doen't make an appearance, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, remember the many, many stories in Ocarina of Time of how Hyrule and the lands around it were made? So obviously, this is after that, but I guess not many people at that point in time knew about the Sacred Relic, or maybe the Skyloftians weren't notified about it, that would mean that the people below the clouds, (depending on if there are any at this point) are fully aware. This is just a therory, it's a bit more logical than "The Triforce not being created yet" but again, this is just a theory. . .

Well technically the Triforce is in Majora's Mask, not too sure about Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks, though it doesn't play a big role in Majora's Mask.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
The Triforce. . .

Why is there a Triforce symbol on the hylian shield, but not anywhere else, not even on Zelda's dress. . . or on the door that we see Ghirahim trying to break open, but we do seem to have an overload of the Hylian Creast (Later, the emblem of the Royal Family). . . It just doesn't seem like a Zelda game without the Triforce, although, the Triforce wasn't in Spirit Tracks, nor Phantom Hourglass and if sure wasn't in Majora's Mask, so i guess it's like a tradition that in every other Zelda game the Triforce doen't make an appearance, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exsist, remember the many, many stories in Ocarina of Time of how Hyrule and the lands around it were made? So obviously, this is after that, but I guess not many people at that point in time knew about the Sacred Relic, or maybe the Skyloftians weren't notified about it, that would mean that the people below the clouds, (depending on if there are any at this point) are fully aware. This is just a therory, it's a bit more logical than "The Triforce not being created yet" but again, this is just a therory. . .

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
No duh!!. . . everyone knows that, how is that even relevant to my skyward sword topic????!!!!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Because it's always been on the Hylian Shield. That's just how it is. And, actually, Zelda's dress has the Royal Symbol on it. It's the blue part near the bottom of it. I don't think it has the Triforce in it, though. It's hard to tell.

Attachments

• Zelda's dress.jpg
    Zelda's dress.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Some games didn't have the Triforce itself in them, but they still featured some pictures or symboles with it on them. Skyward Sword on the other hand, doesn't have pictures of the Triforce, and that's exactly why I think that it will play a huge part in the game's plot. I don't think that it will be the Triforce's origin story in this game, but I think that it will appear, more so than games like Ocarina of Time, or Twilight Princess...

We'll have to wait until this holiday to know for sure....

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't get it either, the triforce doesn't appear anywhere else, not even on Zelda's dress. . . or on the door that we see Ghirahim trying to break open, but we do seem to have an overload of the Hylian Creast (Later, the emblem of the Royal Family). . . It just doesn't seem like a Zelda game without the Triforce, although, the Triforce wasn't in Spirit Tracks, nor Phantom Hourglass and if sure wasn't in Majora's Mask, so i guess it's like a tradition that in every other Zelda game the Triforce doen't make an appearance, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exsist, remember the many, many stories in Ocarina of Time of how Hyrule and the lands around it were made? So obviously, this is after that, but I guess not many people at that point in time knew about the Sacred Relic, or maybe the Skyloftians weren't notified about it, that would mean that the people below the clouds, (depending on if there are any at this point) are fully aware. This is just a therory, it's a bit more logical than "The Triforce not being created yet" but again, this is just a therory. . .

It not being on the door may be that they don't know about it, or something. We'll find out. (The Triforce is most definitely in existence, though. It was created right after Hyrule.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom