• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hylian Loach

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
How many of you all have actually taken the time to catch the Hylian Loach? Me myself spent one entire night trying to catch everything. I love the fishing in the wii version and i hope in Skyward sword they have more fishing.

Also who has taken the time to catch all of the fish for your fishing book. I thought that this challenge was even harder then the one at the fishing hole due to all of the secret places you have to go to to catch fish. You know like the one at the south entrance to castle town where you have to go down into a wolf hole with some bee larva in order to catch it.

Epona

Ordon Village
I've played through TP only once so far, and honestly I never did a lot of fishing. Next time I play though I think I will. The first time I just wanted to get through the game and beat it, so I didn't spend much time doing extra stuff. Next time I'm going to take my time though and do more stuff for fun.

Ralis

Prince of the Zoras
To be honest, I suck at fishing; in real life, and in TP. The biggest fish I've ever caught, is a 4 ft. long Hylian Pike.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
well, i did get the heart peice and the golden scale in OoT and I did find the sinking lure in OoT and caught the hylian loach for the 50 ruppees. I still never was able to hook the guy's hat though

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Also who has taken the time to catch all of the fish for your fishing book. I thought that this challenge was even harder then the one at the fishing hole due to all of the secret places you have to go to to catch fish. You know like the one at the south entrance to castle town where you have to go down into a wolf hole with some bee larva in order to catch it.

...Okay, I've never done a lot of fishing, but I'm intrigued now, and realized I haven't come as close to 100% completion as I thought. I'm going to tackle the main quest of my replay first but I may have to do that afterward.

Although I've never bothered with the Hylian Loach or roll goal and that means I would have to.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I caught every fish possible in the game, including the Hylian Loach, but my GC memory card decided to want formatting done T_T I'm not going to bother with fishing in TP for a while, because it is TOO easy. I think I'll try to catch the Loach in OoT instead ;)

I always enjoyed the fishing part about Zelda and I hope they bring it back. Its actully my faverite mini game in Zelda. But for the Hylian Loach I did catch it.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Ahh the loach... Many a cuss word has come out of my mouth trying to catch that little scamp. I spent a while on my attempt in TP...I ended up getting him but later deleted that game file by accident -shakes fist-

I tried in OoT but haven't succeeded. The fact that the loach will basically appear at random when you enter and you have to rediscover the sinking lure each time kind of makes me less inclined to give it another shot.

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
Ahh the loach... Many a cuss word has come out of my mouth trying to catch that little scamp. I spent a while on my attempt in TP...I ended up getting him but later deleted that game file by accident -shakes fist-

I tried in OoT but haven't succeeded. The fact that the loach will basically appear at random when you enter and you have to rediscover the sinking lure each time kind of makes me less inclined to give it another shot.

I feel you on that, I've been trying to just make him appear for the last hour. Can't even do that. Thought I would take a break lol.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I think that I caught it once in OoT a long time ago. But then I had way too much time on my hands, and wanted to see what I would get for it. Now when I play through OoT, I don't bother because I don't think it's worth the effort.

Still, those fishing mini games are interesting... I like how they include big fish that are difficult to catch as a measure of skill/patience.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
You can actually catch one in the Lanayru Spring while bait fishing. But I've never bothered to catch it, partly because I can't get past level 7 of Rollgoal.

The Hylian Loach for Twilight Princess is pretty easy to catch. I used the sinking lure and caught the fish my first try. The one for Ocarina of Time though. Even with the sinking lure the Hylian Loach will hardly even notice that you lure is there. He just pretty much ignores it most of the time. From what I have heard the only two lures that can catch the hylian loach are the sinking lure, and the frog lure. The frog lure is hard to use though. The sinking lure is the easiest lure to use.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom