• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors HWL 3DS Question's

i have played the first battle but I didn't know I needed to get a gold skulltula. Or the heart pieces. I went back and played the battle again still no luck I could not find them while doing the battle over again. Do you have to replay the battle every time? I saw the web come up but I was right in a battle. And is there a time limit on each battle. Thanks

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
few things to not in the 3DS version:

1) Skulltula's will show up at a 1000 kills on ALL maps unless they have a prequisite (check warrior info on the battle start screen)
2) They only show up in the webbed area
3) Turn the sound up not music the sound they make noises you can use to home in on them
4) Yes every time you miss one you must replay
5) Drop everything and go for the skulltula they are there for a limited time.

ON heart pieces

Mostly they are keep rewards for specific characters this you can see on level select, sometimes they'll be under rocks it's kinda dependent on Legend Mode or Adventure Mode

On Battle advice

Work on one thing at a time don't try for both heart pieces and skulltula at the same time only one or the other, if you've a rough idea of where the skulltula will be clear the keeps nearby (if having difficulty some characters have built in keep clearers, such as link with his strong attack, or buy the keep badges in the market)

General advice in battle:

Try and obtain ALL the keeps and keep an eye on the captains or higher foes as they show up on the map as either larger red markers or red markers with a dark red dot on them, kill those first otherwise you'll find your keeps being taken from underneath you.

Faster you take keeps the more efficient at skulltula hunting you become, always try and take the keeps.

Make use of the ability of your character swapping or the ocarina, if in the map you've two enemy keeps on opposite side of the map send your second character over to one you go take the other, if they haven't taken the keep yet just swap to them and you can take that one just as easily, same principle applies to the ocarina, i generally leave keeps near the owl statues til last as they are easier to get to and take and plus if they spawn enemies you can get more kills ^^.

That does it for me

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Often to find Heart Pieces, you need to clear a keep in Adventure Mode or blow up a rock if you're in Legend Mode, but note that the heart piece is usually for a specific person so only that character can open the chest, and if you don't have that character on the map then the chest will just give you rupees or a weapon. And as was stated, a Gold Skultula will appear after 1,000 KOs if there is one available on the scenario you're playing and it only lasts for about 5 minutes, maybe less. So you gotta be quick. Sometimes they're hard to spot too, so you gotta look very carefully.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. Going after the skulltula. I think I am playing Lengend mode.
Also, just some QoL advice: you should play more Zelda games. You can currently get Ocarina of Time 3D for only $20. It's one of the best Zelda games. Alternatively you can get A Link Between Worlds for some 2D action.

I have played most of the Zelda games that are for the DS. OofT was my favorite. I have to order any ones that I may have mixed. Link between worlds was good. STrackss was also good. And the one with the boat ( forgot ) name was good. All the Zelda games are great. Just takes me forever to finish. Lol I don't like TFH only because of the single player but I haven't given up. Just wanted to start the HE. I need a list of them for the DS. I thought about getting the ones at the E-Shop that was for game boy but I haven't made my mind up yet. Any thoughts on the games. ern

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom