• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hunger Games a Disappointment????

T

TriforceFan

Many of you have already read the Hunger Games series and most of you have already watched the movie. Lots of people say its one of the best movies ever to be made in history. However, some people were disappointed by the movie because it excludes many of the moments that happens in the book.
Here's my point: in a book, you can write as long as you want, as long as it is entertaining and keeps the readers' eyes glued to the words. A movie is completely different. A movie must be 1-2 hours long, 2-and-a-half hours maximum. The Hunger Games movie could have everything that the author wrote in the book, but they must keep to the maximum; otherwise, it would be very expensive to purchase that many hours. This is the reason why they cut out many of the unimportant things that happened in the book, so that they can keep it short, but sweet.
What do you guys think? Did you like the movie? Did you have anything else to say about this? Leave your thoughts in the comments. :)

Yes, but the movie lacked the hard-hitting effect of the books, the books made you think about the society we live in and made me cry several times, the movie had little to no emotional or mental effect on me.

I thought they made the ending in the movie alot better than the book. It seemed like the end in the book just dropped for me. Over all though i loved the book so much more. It was cool to see someone elses imagination though

Not having read the book,
I would say that the movie holds up well enough on it's own.

My opinion would probably be totally different if I had read the book, though.

Of course the books are amazing. The movie was pretty good for the standerds it has to uphold and the only thing that bothered me the most was how much the camera shaked in some scenes. Seriously, the shaking of the camera made me want to throw up a couple times.

MW7

I read the book a week ago and saw the movie two days ago. I really enjoyed both, and I felt that the omissions in the movie weren't a big deal (although I noticed several of them right away). Neither is my favorite thing ever, but they were both pretty great.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
I haven't read the books so I can't say how the book and movie compare, but I will say that The Hunger Games is one of the best movies I've seen in a while, especially for modern day films.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I thought the movie was excellent. Considering the limited time they had in a film, I thought they included all the important parts and did very well. There's only one major thing that I can think that they left out (at the moment), and that's the Avox girl.

In all honesty, I don't think I'd like a movie that followed the books exactly. It would be too predictable.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I enjoyed it, and I thought that what they included and didn't include from the book was acceptable. I felt that what they had to work with turned out well and I have no complaints.

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
Spoiler Alert

I don't think Rue's death in the movie had such a large impact as it did in the book.
Mostly because the movie didn't show enough of Rue and Katniss bonding.

I havent seen the movie, but from watching trailers, and from hearing other peoples opinions, the actors are perfect for the trilogy. I can't wait to see it. I Also heard that most of the gory parts were taken out, in order to retain the PG-13 rating, and that was at least 1/5th of the book.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
The movie was just as amazing as the books had been! :D
I know they left out some stuff, but hey, with time constraints it's not easy and I really think they included everything they could. The acting, (and actors chosen) were superb, everybody looked basically the way I imagined them!
Can't wait for Catching Fire! (and Finnick...ohohohohoh...ME GUSTA.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom