• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic How Well Has Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past Aged?

In my opinion, OoT and LTTP have both aged extremely well. The music never gets old. The level of fun combined with the epic story in each game will never get old. These games are timeless masterpieces.

The Zelda games that have not aged well, IMO, are the game boy ones: Link's Awakening, and the Oracle games. I recently went through LA and I'm currently going through the Oracles. These games aren't bad, but they are very short, and they just don't have that epic-ness that other Zelda games are full of. Also, the music in the Oracle games is just.. blah.

In my opinion, OoT and LTTP have both aged extremely well. The music never gets old. The level of fun combined with the epic story in each game will never get old. These games are timeless masterpieces.

The Zelda games that have not aged well, IMO, are the game boy ones: Link's Awakening, and the Oracle games. I recently went through LA and I'm currently going through the Oracles. These games aren't bad, but they are very short, and they just don't have that epic-ness that other Zelda games are full of. Also, the music in the Oracle games is just.. blah.

Hey, Link's Awakening is my favorite Zelda game :mad:

Jk about the anger. How are the Oracle games? Oracle of Seasons is one that I really want. Oracle of Ages....idk, seems like it borrows from Ocarina of Time too much.

Maybe I was too hard on Link's Awakening. I really do like this game. My only complaints are that the levels are way too easy and therefore the game is pretty short. The music is fantastic, and the story is pretty good too.

I am currently halfway through Seasons and I am yet to play Ages. As I said earlier, it's not a bad game, but the music is definitely not up to Zelda par, and the story could use some help. So far, the dungeons are about as easy as the LA dungeons (in other words, very easy).

Can't tell if trolling or just stupid? OoT has aged very well being on-par with Wind Waker and excelling Twilight Princess (opinion, of course) Nothing about OoT looks ugly today... except the Great Fairies and they weren't prizes back then. As for Link To The Past, it's better now than it was then! I'm not a huge fan of the 2-D Zeldas only meddling into the Minish Cap out of boredom but LttP is absolute gaming perfection, not a single hair is out of place in this adventure. Gameplay, Plot, Replayability, Music, If you don't play it your only hurting yourself, this game is so good you might change your religion... speaking of which may I have a moment of your time to talk about our 3 goddesses of the Sacred Realm?

Can't tell if trolling or just stupid? OoT has aged very well being on-par with Wind Waker and excelling Twilight Princess (opinion, of course) Nothing about OoT looks ugly today... except the Great Fairies and they weren't prizes back then. As for Link To The Past, it's better now than it was then! I'm not a huge fan of the 2-D Zeldas only meddling into the Minish Cap out of boredom but LttP is absolute gaming perfection, not a single hair is out of place in this adventure. Gameplay, Plot, Replayability, Music, If you don't play it your only hurting yourself, this game is so good you might change your religion... speaking of which may I have a moment of your time to talk about our 3 goddesses of the Sacred Realm?

That's not nice man. I only just recently got into 3D Zelda games.

I dont really think anything on the n64 has ages well. Most games on the n64 had brilliant level design and were awesome and still are like OoT and M64, but graphically and gameplay wise they havent ages well at all. ALttP has though, but Snes games are pretty much timeless and you can't put a date on level design, if its genius once it always will be. =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom