• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Triforce Shards Could Have Been Better

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I agree. This would have made the collection of the shards alot less tedious than what was implemented into the game.
The dungeons would have been a nice addition to a game that seemed to be lacking in tough dungeons. They could have been full of treasures to discover as well as the inital shards. (The treasure could pay for the next map deciphering).

I, (and i'm sure others will agree) that collecting the shards was the most boring part of Wind Waker.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Yeah, I would have preferred 3 more dungeons after the Master Sword revival. That would have made the game far more interesting. I keep quiting the game every time I go through that part of the game, because it is so boring. I also think they should have added a dungeon for the third pearl, I didn't like getting the third pearl after some chit-chat with Jabun.Jabun should have said "Whoops, I swallowed it. Go get it. By the way, I also have some enemies and a boss inside of me, so be careful". lol

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Yeah, I would have preferred 3 more dungeons after the Master Sword revival. That would have made the game far more interesting. I keep quiting the game every time I go through that part of the game, because it is so boring. I also think they should have added a dungeon for the third pearl, I didn't like getting the third pearl after some chit-chat with Jabun.Jabun should have said "Whoops, I swallowed it. Go get it. By the way, I also have some enemies and a boss inside of me, so be careful". lol

Haha, first we had inside Jabu-Jabu's belly, now we have inside Jabun's belly. I was also a little disappointed that there wasn't a dungeon for the third pearl.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I was so mad that there was no dungeon for the third pearl. And I agree that there should have been a third temple after the revival of the master sword, and there should have been a triforce shard at the end of each of them.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I to was disappointed about their not being a third dungeon. Funny thing is my 1st ever playing WW I thought along the lines Aelic that we'd have to go inside Jabun. (Jabu-Jabu and Jabun names look similiar.)

i just finished my second time through WW and it is still by far my favorite game overall period. this time i made it a point to get all the items, explore all the islands and not just blow through the game. i explored all my remaining islands during the shard hunt and this took the monotony out of searching for these treasures. it was more satisfying to me this way, and i found myself reluctant to go to the tower of gods and finish. i love this game and the 8 piece throughback was a nice touch

K

kiryadin

I'd say that they could have hidden the 8 shards (or their maps) in the four main dungeons (Dragon Roost Cavern, Forbidden Forest, Earth Temple, Wind Temple) and have them guarded by extra mini-bosses (with maybe some of the shards'(/maps) locations being inaccessible early in the game so you'd have to come back for them.

I think they could have just replace the Triforce charts with the shards instead. I don't know about you, but I really enjoyed searching for the charts, so I wouldn't abandon it completely.

It's either that or the dungeon idea.

T

Tamloo

I was fine looking and finding the charts and shards, but finding the rupees for Tingle to decipher the charts was really boring and should not of been in the game.

To me, deciphering the charts REALLY slowed down the game and I actually stopped playing it at that moment. It wasn't until a couple years later I actually took the time to find the rupees, charts, and shards and beat the game. Of course, that was when I was younger and didn't feel like doing such a boring task. Today, I'm fine with it and actually like how they put it into the game, but yes, it does make the game slower and they should of done something else with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
if there was less of them, (lets say like 3?) and if the way of getting them was more of mini temples (like getting the bracelets and boots) would of made it a lot more fun... Cuz I sorta lost interest at the same point to, I was all like: "THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVA!!! 8D" to: "uuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggggg! I have to do THIS to beat the game? D8"

Zelda_Duh

Hyrule's Princess
I loved the part of collecting the shards, It was the time I would do the sub-missions, and it was the time I would go to all the fairies islands.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I just finished the game for the first time last Monday and I did kind of find it boring when you had to collect the Triforce Shards. I was with my friend and we had plenty of fun, but I really get bugged by Tingle. This was by far the part with the slowest action in the whole game, but I did kind of have fun collecting Rupees.

MrLuigi

Theorist
The Triforce Shards was probaly my favorite part of the game because you have no pressure and it's almost like free-to-play.

The Triforce Shards was probaly my favorite part of the game because you have no pressure and it's almost like free-to-play.

I really enjoy getting the shards.
It takes quite a long time getting them,which i do not mind.
And if you coubnt getting the charts is really does take along time.
So patience is needed which i have.
One thing about zelda games is you need patience.

I'm pretty okay with the Triforce Shards part of the game, I just wish that Tingle didn't do his derpy dance accompanied by the actual SOUND of him doing it.
Uh, how I despise Tingle in the Wind Waker. He's so annoying, especially because he actually makes sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom