• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How to Slow-Mo Jump Off Horse and Shoot Bow?

Hey all!

So I have been a long time Zelda fan, and am absolutely loving BOTW!

But I have a problem. I can't seem to figure out how to jump off my horse and shoot my bow in slow motion. I've tried all I can think of, but Link just lands on the ground without time slowing down. I am able to do it from high ledges and when I use a sailcloth, however.

I'm playing the WiiU version of the game.

Help is appreciated!

Jump off the horse and aim your bow like you normally would midair. There's no trick to it.
Which I have tried countless times. I press B to jump off and then I press ZR midair to aim my bow. But he jumps off the horse like he's playing leap frog and then lands on the ground. He doesn't even have his bow in his hands when he lands.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Which I have tried countless times. I press B to jump off and then I press ZR midair to aim my bow. But he jumps off the horse like he's playing leap frog and then lands on the ground. He doesn't even have his bow in his hands when he lands.
You may not be pressing it fast enough then? I don't know what else to tell you. I've had no problems doing it (though, I have the Switch version, idk how responsive the Wii U controls are).

You may not be pressing it fast enough then? I don't know what else to tell you. I've had no problems doing it (though, I have the Switch version, idk how responsive the Wii U controls are).
Do I need to be going a certain speed on my horse? Cause idk what else it could be...

I doubt it, I've done it at multiple different speeds.
Perhaps it's just a glitch. Cause I haven't been able to pull it off once, whether I'm pressing ZR at the same time as B, just before Link hits the ground, or anywhere in between :/

Wait... I'm pressing B... Which is the get off horse/put weapons away button... I'll try 'X' (the jump button) when I get home. That's probably it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom