• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time How to Make Re-Deads Ignore You

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
[video=youtube;ywc77bMs54M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywc77bMs54M&NR=1[/video]

This video shows someone charging their sword (magic or no magic) and as you do so, the Re-Deads ignore you even if you walk right in front of them, but only if you're charging your sword.

So, I watched the video, and decided to try it. I went downstairs and turned on my Nintendo, and headed to the Royal Family's Tomb. I went into the zombie room, but hesitated, cause I was thinking "What if it doesn't work? Then I'll just die." But I finally got the guts to try it and I began to charge my sword. I cautiously walked toward the first Re-Dead and got right in front of it. IT DIDN'T MOVE A MUSCLE. It acted like I wasn't even there. It didn't even glance at me. I was like "HOLY CRAP!" It really does work!! I continued to walk past the other two, and again, they didn't even see me. VICTORY! :DD

Someone said this also works in Majora's Mask. Hmm, good to know (:

Last edited:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Moved it for you :>

And that is interesting, I never heard of charging a sword as a way to make redeads leave you alone. I've always just stunned with the Sun Song, but that's mostly cus I just like hearing the music and watching them freeze.

Din Akera

Sniper
Very interesting! That is something I didn't know. I'm going to have to try that out next time I'm playing. I'm not sure, but that video appears to be a PC/virtual console as I think there is a color hack on the tunic. It is much darker than normal. Could just be the lighting of the camera recording the footage, not sure.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Hmm, never heard that one before. Even with the Sun Song and the different masks that make them dance, redeads still scare the pants off of me, perhaps this will help. Too reiterate a point made, this is extremely interesting.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I did know that ReDeads were, although blind, very sensitive to hearing. If you tip-toe your way across them (i.e. don't have the analog stick pressed to full speed), you can navigate past them undetected. Perhaps with the charging of your sword, you can't run, thus making the ReDeads unable to hear you.

Still, that's something interesting I should try out sometime.

amaterasu

Writer
Pssh. Wish i'd of known that when I played Zelda for teh first time. Those ReDeads really scared me.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
[video=youtube;ywc77bMs54M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywc77bMs54M&NR=1[/video]

This video shows someone charging their sword (magic or no magic) and as you do so, the Re-Deads ignore you even if you walk right in front of them, but only if you're charging your sword.

So, I watched the video, and decided to try it. I went downstairs and turned on my Nintendo, and headed to the Royal Family's Tomb. I went into the zombie room, but hesitated, cause I was thinking "What if it doesn't work? Then I'll just die." But I finally got the guts to try it and I began to charge my sword. I cautiously walked toward the first Re-Dead and got right in front of it. IT DIDN'T MOVE A MUSCLE. It acted like I wasn't even there. It didn't even glance at me. I was like "HOLY CRAP!" It really does work!! I continued to walk past the other two, and again, they didn't even see me. VICTORY! :DD

Thats interesting and that would be very useful for different parts of the shadow temple especially in Masterquest.

*reminiscent sigh* I remember doing this. Those were the days. Isn't it fun to experiment around with the Redeads? :)

LOL! That's awesome! I wonder if it works in Majora's Mask or other parts of OOT.

Something I'll have to try! :)

amaterasu

Writer
This seems like the kinda thing you'd use in Master Quest. I wish i still had Master Quest. Anybody know where i could get a new one?

^ ^ ^Ocarina of Time, seeing as how this IS the Ocarina of Time section, but this probably applies to Majora's Mask as well.

Speaking a little off-topic about MM; who else used the Gibdos and Redeads to make Zora Link do stunts when their screams freeze you in place? Haha, it's really cool. If you time yourself right, you can make it appear as though Zora Link is performing some of the moves from the movie, "The Matrix"!:cool:

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
That is really kool. I'll try that out next time. I really wish I knew this when I was younger. They really hindered my game play lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom