• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How They Can Survive; The Gerudo

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Acutaly, concerning Gerudos in TP. In TP, we do not Gerudo Valley, We see Gerudo Messa. A part of the desert extended into hyrule. The game only takes place in Hyrule and Ordon. Gerudo Messa is Not Gerudo Valley, Gerudo Valley is further east (west on GC) than Gerudo Messa. There might be Gerudos in TP, especialy since everyone puts FSA after it on the timeline. In OoT, it is confirmed that Oocca exist at that time in history, but they are not seen. Same with Gerudo in TP.
But aren't the ruins of the Desert Colossus in Gerudo Valley in TP, around the Cave of Ordeals?

Anyway, I also side with the argument that the Gerudo (largely) died out after OoT in both the Adult and Child timelines. In TWW, they were wiped out by the Great Flood, and in TP, they became extinct because of being too picky about their reproductive methods. Shadsie, I agree with you in Ganondorf taking some kind of "alpha male" role in Gerudo society. Having his wife/girlfriend Nabooru take the "alpha female" role and also rising to the top of Gerudo society. However, having only one couple limits the reproductive potential, so that's why I mentioned the notion of all the other Gerudo women essentially being concubines for Ganondorf to sustain the population.

But considering all this, Ganondorf will be a rather busy man. :xd: Not to mention, he also has diplomatic (and eventually Machiavellian) responsibilities later on during his reign. As such, that's probably why a lot of Gerudo women end up looking for a shot at finding some company elsewhere, which explains
why there a few remaining characters of Gerudo ancestry even after the Gerudo were largely wiped out in each respective time line.

@Ducknoises So basicly, Ganon is a Rooster and the Gerudo are the hen? XD Well, you make Ganon sound like a honest to goodness hard worker when you mention all his responasabilities. =P But if the Gerudo died out before TP, how are there Gerudo in FSA? There is no proof that the 'Grounds and the Cave of Ordeals ae the Gerudo Fortress or the Spirit Temple. I, actualy, only see that they are in the same area, and no other evidence has ever been provided to support tht incorrect theory.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
There is no proof that the 'Grounds and the Cave of Ordeals ae the Gerudo Fortress or the Spirit Temple. I, actualy, only see that they are in the same area, and no other evidence has ever been provided to support tht incorrect theory.
Woah, slow down there. I only said that the ruins of the Desert Colossus were in TP as an Easter egg, I didn't mean to imply that any of those things are all the same structures from their OoT counterparts. I just think there are some remaining bits of architecture.
I may be wrong with the location about the Desert Colossus, because it's been a while since I've played TP, but I vaguely recall that somewhere in TP's Gerudo Valley there was half of the Desert Colossus broken off on its side or upside-down.
My memory is hazy, though, and I'm having difficulty finding a picture of it. I may be wrong, then.

As for Gerudos in FSA, that game is full of unexplained plot holes (at least from what I've read, and from what my friend who owns the game has whined to me about).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom