• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How They Can Survive; The Gerudo

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
DONT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY
Okay the Gerudo and the Pirates in MM are a society of only woman, in OoT how come they can maintain their society without men. They would only last one generation and bye bye Gerudo. So how come?????

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
I find 2 very possible and 1 eh maybe remember Twinrova..well is a witch
But in 2 wouldnt people be afraid of them i mean they are thiefs and they all look the same wouldnt be weird

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
There is always one Gerudo male alive in the entire tribe, who is selected to be the King of the Gerudo; for the duration of OoT, Ganondorf reigned as king of the Gerudo. Ganondorf states in TWW that the rest of the Gerudo were wiped out in the flood.

Mature warning?

I'd guess that the Gerudo tribe reproduce via royal concubines.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Malon is most likely half Gerudo. When you speak to Talon while wearing the Gerudo's Mask he say the mask Link's wearing reminds him of Malon's mother.

As for as I know nothing about how long the Gerudo live has been proven, but I'm just going to assume that Twinrova used magic to live longer.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I have a whole worldbuilding theory in my head regarding this very thing.

You see, I believe the Gossip Stone outside the Temple of Time in Ocarina of Time - the Gerudo sometimes come into Hyrule to look for boyfriends. Though an all ages/kid's game, this... gives a nice little implication that Gerudo mate with Hylian men - and given their "no men allowed!" culture, the relationships are probably very temporary, perhaps even one-night stand affairs. They probably mate with human (round-eared human) men if they're around, too, given similarities. I think that something in their genetics causes the offspring to have Gerudo-traits/to be Gerudo if female and human/Hylian if male.

I never thought of that possibility for Malon... if so, then, perhaps, some of the female babies are Hylian, as well, and the Gerudo only keep female offspring with the Gerudo-traits. Then, of course, once every century or so, the lone male with Gerudo traits is born (Ganondorf). In my mind, he is not only is the birthright king of their tribe, but it's "brood-stallion" existing to refresh and strengthen the Gerudo genetics. (When I write Ganondorf in fan fiction, I tend to make him used to getting whatever woman of his tribe he wants - a real harem-afficiando).

I also think that Gerudo like only those human/Hylian men who are "worthy" in their eyes... strong, good "stock." I.E. that is why the carpenters got locked up instead of lovin' - the ladies at the fortress probably thought of them as lazy, inferior stock, unworthy to contribute genes to Gerudo offspring.

I also think the Gerudo limit themselves to human/Hylians rather than say, going after Gorons or Zoras because of species/racial simliarity. Humans and Hylians are close enough to them genetics-wise to render viable offspring. Zoras, on the other hand, are an egg-laying/probably spawning fish-people and Gorons are made of rock!

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Malon is most likely half Gerudo. When you speak to Talon while wearing the Gerudo's Mask he say the mask Link's wearing reminds him of Malon's mother.
This doesn't make sense to me: If Gerudo women mate with humans/hylians then they would all come out looking just like a Gerudo woman. Why would Malon be an exception?

perhaps, some of the female babies are Hylian, as well, and the Gerudo only keep female offspring with the Gerudo-traits.

This is a likely theory, IMO.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Well, as people have said before;
"They say that Gerudos sometimes come to Hyrule Castle Town to look for boyfriends." - Gossip Stone
They may only have one male every 100 years, but that doesn't seem to stop them.
Though, I imagine that the child would come out half-breed, so only real Gerudos would breed with Gannon, huh?
But, they might also live a very long time; so who knows, maybe they bred with the last male Gerudo before he was replaced.
Either way, I think that the Gerudos did indeed disperse and die out in Twilight Princess.
If I recall correctly, you can go to the Gerudo Desert in TP, but there's no Gerudos there.
I think that, since Ganon was locked away, the Gerudos didn't have a male to produce pure bred Gerudo children with, so they just kinda faded away.
Though, there is a little hint of them in TP;

She does indeed have signs of Gerudo ancestry.
But, that's just what I think.
Feel free to agree or disagree as you see fit.

Acutaly, concerning Gerudos in TP. In TP, we do not Gerudo Valley, We see Gerudo Messa. A part of the desert extended into hyrule. The game only takes place in Hyrule and Ordon. Gerudo Messa is Not Gerudo Valley, Gerudo Valley is further east (west on GC) than Gerudo Messa. There might be Gerudos in TP, especialy since everyone puts FSA after it on the timeline. In OoT, it is confirmed that Oocca exist at that time in history, but they are not seen. Same with Gerudo in TP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom