• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How retro are you?

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
My husband and I still have his old NES, SNES, and N64. I played a lot of Sega as a kid, too. Aside from that, I'm not super old school. When I started beating games on my own it was in the N64/Gameboy Color generation of consoles.

Djinn

and Tonic
I made a shelf a few years back to hold my older consoles. It has the NES, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, Xbox, PSX, and PS2 on it. I keep an old brick black and white game boy on it too just for the hell of it. But having worked at a used game store I have played a lot of retro games. I still play the SNES and Genesis pretty often.

I have a collection myself but I keep it to things that I personally want to play. I've seen quite a few people that collect rare things based on the fact that they are rare. And I saw some spend a lot of money on random Turbo Grafix16 games that just plain sucked. So my rule is that I only buy what I want to play.

I also have a lot of random retro game stuff lying around. Typically if I find any Mario, Sonic, Zelda or classic Final Fantasy stuff I grab it.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
The oldest console I own would have to be my mom's Atari 2600 which is 2nd gen (followed by an NES and a Sega Genesis, 3rd and 4th gen respectively). The oldest console I've ever played though would have to be a Magnavox Odyssey 200, part of the First Generation of video game consoles, and one of the very first video game systems period ever made. It was my great uncle's console.

My Dads Gameboy color

This statement makes me want to kill myself. The fact that a "dad" could let their child play with their "old consoles" and it be something I clearly remember buying on launch day makes me feel like a fossil.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
The earliest console I've ever played was an NES at a friends house, which is where I got relatively decent at Super Mario Bros.

The earliest console I own is my N64. I still own and play the following games on it from time to time:

• Ocarina of Time
  • Majora's Mask
  • Shadow Man
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Star Wars Episode I Racer
  • Pokémon Puzzle League
  • The New Tetris
  • Tetrisphere
  • Magical Tetris Challenge
  • Xena: Warrior Princess
  • Lylat Wars
  • Turok
  • Turok 2
  • Turok Rage Wars
  • Hexen
  • Doom 64
  • Perfect Dark
  • Pokémon Snap
  • Shadowgate 64 Trials of The Four Towers
  • Castlevania 64

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Hah... I'm not retro at all. Especially compared to everyone else in this thread. I mean, I've the earliest console I've played was an NES, but not extensively. Just at friends' houses or at this one gaming store I like to go to.

The earliest console I actually own is the GameBoy Advance. I only got it about two years ago, however, so it's not like it's that old school for me. I only ever played Oracle of Seasons on it, anyway, since I'd already beaten or almost beaten my other GBA-compatible games (The Minish Cap, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga) or I had them on other consoles (A Link to the Past, Four Swords, Oracle of Ages). After all, without a backlight, the GBA is kind of hard to play anywhere you'd like...

The first console I actually owned in its prime generation was the GameCube. I played lots of games on it. My first was Mario Kart: Double Dash, followed shortly by Animal Crossing, but I also loved The Wind Waker and Super Smash Bros. Melee among others.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
The first console I've ever played and my family has ever owned was the NES, with Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, Dr. Mario, Metroid, and a few other games that I don't recall.
The oldest console I currently own is an N64. I play it on moderately often, usually Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask, but I also play Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros., or Goldeneye from time to time.

Played in the arcades during the 80s, played some computer games like Living Jigsaw, 7th Guest, SW X-Wing, this one game with chess pieces that predated harry potter's wizard chess, pinball etc. got my own NES for Christmas in the early 90s, have played the SNES and Sega Genesis

I've also owned/played
GBA
Wii
DSi
2DS

The only N64 games I ever played were at my cousin's house and that was a very brief stint of DK64 (very, veeeery brief)

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
Oldest system I have and oldest system I've played is the nes. I played ton of games on it. Still got a couple draw full of nes games. Duck hunt, Super mario bros and etc. My fav games on the system are Kirby adventure and the megaman series. I also love me some bucky o hare.

Sad that my dad beat the original legend of zelda on the system and I still have not. I get so lost.:cucco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom