• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda How Quick Do You Understand the Puzzles?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Inspired by JC's thread.

Although I claim up and down that Zelda is 2EZ, I don't actually get the puzzles right away. It usually takes me a bit of wandering around aimlessly before I finally snap and get them.

What about you? How quick do you get the puzzles?

Well, 99% of the time I understand the premise of the puzzle pretty much immediately. Sometimes it takes me a little while to actually come up with the answer though.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I usually understand what I have to do to solve it right off the bat, however, actually doing said deed correctly make take me a while. For example, there's a puzzle where you have to hit switches in the right order. I understand that I have to hit the switches, but even if we're given a hint, I'll usually sit there scratching my head for a few seconds before I figure out the order.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Depending on the complexity of the puzzle, it could take me anywhere from five seconds to thirty minutes to figure out. Most of the puzzles I can figure out in a matter of seconds, or a few minutes. But the more difficult puzzles, usually the ones that require some exploration, take a significant amount of time longer for me to figure out. Then there's the act of actually completing the puzzles, which could sometimes take a long time as well.

Salem

SICK
I understand what's the puzzle itself, as in the goal of the puzzle, but I don't always figure out the method to solve it as quickly.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Most of the times I know almost immidiatly what I need to do. There are times when I have to think and that thinking takes a while. But once I figured it out I make sure I won't stop till I'm done and solved it

It depends on the Puzzle. Generally I can see the Solution but need to work on the execution. Like in Turtle Rock in ALTTP where there is the room you have to light the torches. I knew what I had to do but doing it took forever....

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I usually solve most of the puzzles in pretty short order, though I will miss something obvious occasionally and run around like an idiot for an hour.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
I think some of the puzzles are super hard at first, but after I play the Zelda games for a while I start to understand what's going on in general and what to look for. I'd want to say that don't understand the puzzles right away, but that I do understand how to think about the puzzles. I really like that some puzzles are so mind-boggling, tough, and time consuming it makes me rage - that's the very spirit of the game and a puzzle itself. The greater the challenge, the greater reward. I love how creative the Zelda puzzles are, too. I mean, after so many games, so many levels and dungeons, there are just more and more new ideas and things to create for us to think about.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Honestly it depends on the game, but usually the puzzles don't take me long at all. Most puzzles in Zelda games are the same puzzles that have been repeated in the series over and over, but they're still fun. I usually get the premise of the puzzle immediately, and most of the time (not always) i solve it in a reasonable amount of time

Night Owl

~Momentai
Most of the times I know almost immediately what I need to do. There are times when I have to think and that thinking takes a while. But once I figured it out I make sure I won't stop till I'm done and solved it
^ this

It's usually not figuring out what to do that stumps me, but figuring out the order to do it. I don't usually get stumped on a puzzle for more than a few min.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I honestly think it has to do with the difficulty of the game when it comes to me. The logic of "the more Zelda games you play, the easier they are" is true to an extent, but not that much for myself. In the easier games, TP and SS, I understand most of them almost immediately. In medium to hard level games like OoT, MM, and WW I usually get them pretty quickly, but do get stumped from time to time. In harder games, like ALttP and LoZ, I get positively stumped even to this day. That's not to say that I don't ever get stumped in the easier games, but most of the times I don't stop in my tracks or run around because I'm lost.

If I had to say all the games in general, I usually solve the puzzles rather quickly, and get stumped from time to time either due to difficulty of solving or because I had a dumb moment.

O

OcarinaOfTime

Im a little over average on figuring out the puzzles.. Sometimes it takes me a bit for it to click, but I'm usually pretty adept at solving them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom