• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How Pleased are you with what you have seen

How pleased

• 1- I want to gauge out my eyes

Votes: 1 1.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.5%

Votes: 3 3.7%

Votes: 4 4.9%

Votes: 12 14.8%

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • 10- I couldnt be more pleased

Votes: 43 53.1%

• Total voters
The VA only seems to be Link's voice in his head.

Though why is a stamina meter and breakable weapons such a bad thing that it ruins your excitement?

So long as it is excecuted well, unlike in SS, it is good. Just look at Shadows of the Collosus. That game was amazing and it had a stamina meter.

I also bet you that you will get unbreakable weapons down the line. Most likely the master Sword.

But other than that.
Exploration is at an all time high
Combat is deep, with you being able to approach enemies in different ways
AI is awesome
Graphics are amazing
Story seems to be the most mysterious Zelda story yet
Items are amazing, such as putting objects in a time lock, and wailing it to put pressure on it in a single moment
There isn't that much VA
Bosses in the overworld are awesome.

Because I hated it in SS. Link huffed and puffed and moved like pond scum, which caused me many, many ragequits over quicksand and in silent realms, and they expect me to scale these grand, majestic huge cliffs with a melon meter?

I can understand a few things being destroyed weapon-wise, its been a semi-staple of the series since the very beginning, but c'mon! The level they're taking it to, where all your equipment breaks is ridiculous.

I also did mention that the voice acting wasn't embarrassing so far. :)

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
Initially I was in Awe, seeing the gameplay I am now in No. I sold my beloved Wii, for a crappy system only to find out the game I wanted most is being ruined by VA, though in all fairness it isn't cringe worthy atm, the SS melon meter and breakable weapons.
To be fair, the voice over COULD just be for the trailer. It reminded me a lot of the one for Wind Waker.

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
Actually, they showed it in the livestream gameplay. I'm not horrified with it. I think I was overreacting on that part. ^^'

Sorry guys, I've not been in a very good mood the last couple days. heh.
OH!! Just found the vid!! I actually kinda like it. ^U^

I’m…very let down by this title so far. I’ve loved the Zelda series for as long as I can remember, yet this has to be one of the most disappointing titles I’ve ever seen. I’ve never been fond of the open world gameplay hence why I didn’t like the original Zelda. I knew this game was going back to the original gameplay which I could of put up with, but this title doesn’t even remind me of the "spirit of the original Zelda" as Miyamoto kindly puts it. It feels like any other open world game with the Zelda brand slapped on it.

I’ll still give this game a go, but I’m just so annoyed that Nintendo have gone down this route. I wish the new game aspired to be more like A link to the past which was open but had some form of linearity. Complete freedom to do what you want when you want just seems boring to me.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
As the kind of person who has spent hours doing things like counting the breakable pots in dungeons or throwing every rock in Hyrule Field into a pond, this is the kind of Zelda I've always wanted. A directionless game with a huge, immersive world sounds like the sort of thing I'd throw away sleep for ;)

I gave the poll a 10, but if I were to be completely honest, there's always some things in each game that don't exactly fit my tastes, just because everyone's different and likes different things. Personally, I'm not a fan of the breakable weapons or the stamina gauge. They feel really limiting, and the stamina gauge in particular was one of my biggest frustrations with Skyward Sword. I'm also impartial to the art direction; I would have preferred it if they went with the look from the E3 2011 tech demo.

But I've loved everything else I've seen so far, and the positives far outweigh the negatives for me. Obviously, I'm a fan of the bigger things like the large overworld and non-linearity, but the little things are great too. I love how:
  • you can go fishing by blowing up bombs in the water
  • you can see Link run around in his underwear
  • Link has a ponytail like in the OoT manga
  • you can go paragliding
  • you can go snowboarding in the overworld
  • Link's idle animations look
  • you can jump up mountains
  • you can cook
  • you can die from cold temperatures
  • you can use Stal-Bokoblin arms as a weapon
  • the particle effects are gorgeous
I would play this game even if it had no storyline. At this point, the only thing keeping this game from being my favorite Zelda yet would be if it had really bad combat and no Cave of Ordeals-type of thing.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Overall, I would say a solid 9/10.
What I love:
-Open world that you can interact with in multiple ways - from setting the grass on fire to taming wild horses
-The idea that you can steal items/weapons from enemies and use them until they break (I've wanted this since TWW where we were able to use an enemy's weapon against them)
-New mechanics like jumping and rock climbing
-The fact that we don't seem to have a physical companion. Don't get me wrong, I've loved some of the past companions, but I'm super excited to play a game that has less direction and a more "do whatever you want" attitude
-That we don't get a whole lot of backstory right at the beginning, but rather find out the story as we go along
-Finally a glimpse of the Master Sword, which can only mean one thing... GANON!
-Did I mention how open and awesome Hyrule looks?! I'm excited to see where it fits into the timeline as everything appears to be in ruin.

What I'm not too fond of (so far):
-The art style, in terms of enemy design. They still look too cute and cartoon-y rather than threatening, though I do appreciate the beautiful colours found within the over world. I sense a lot of Japanese influence which is cool.
-I like that we have different clothing options, but I'm still waiting to see that iconic green tunic!

Overall I'm intrigued with all the new changes and look forward to the final product!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom