• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How Pleased are you with what you have seen

How pleased

• 1- I want to gauge out my eyes

Votes: 1 1.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.5%

Votes: 3 3.7%

Votes: 4 4.9%

Votes: 12 14.8%

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • 10- I couldnt be more pleased

Votes: 43 53.1%

• Total voters

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
I know I'm going to lose some man points by saying this, but looking at that trailer this morning brought tears to my eyes. I'm surprise how amazing it turned out and how beautiful the art style was. I'm also surprise that it has voice acting, and I hope that this time around that Link will be allowed to speak and have his own character for once. If they truly want to break conventions, then they have to do away with silent protagonist trope. Link is a establish character and not an avatar and, shouldn't be treated as such. I'm also happy that the stamina meter is back and that this game will not hold any punches, by making the items and weapons that you collect scarce and not durable, so you can come up with strategies on how to adapt to your situation. And oh man, don't get me started on the hunting! I can't wait to kill some animals and burn things down, or both:`v`:. I gotta say, everything Commonwealth Realm predicted about the game is coming into fruition:D! And what I'm most happy about is that they stuck to a whole area of the map, without spoiling anything:D! I'm glad to see that they learn their lesson from skyward sword. I would like to know as little of the game as possible, until I play it myself. So in short yes, I'm very pleased of what I've seen today, and I can't wait for tomorrow^^!

Last edited:
Overall, I would say a solid 9/10.
What I love:
-Open world that you can interact with in multiple ways - from setting the grass on fire to taming wild horses
-The idea that you can steal items/weapons from enemies and use them until they break (I've wanted this since TWW where we were able to use an enemy's weapon against them)
-New mechanics like jumping and rock climbing
-The fact that we don't seem to have a physical companion. Don't get me wrong, I've loved some of the past companions, but I'm super excited to play a game that has less direction and a more "do whatever you want" attitude
-That we don't get a whole lot of backstory right at the beginning, but rather find out the story as we go along
-Finally a glimpse of the Master Sword, which can only mean one thing... GANON!
-Did I mention how open and awesome Hyrule looks?! I'm excited to see where it fits into the timeline as everything appears to be in ruin.

What I'm not too fond of (so far):
-The art style, in terms of enemy design. They still look too cute and cartoon-y rather than threatening, though I do appreciate the beautiful colours found within the over world. I sense a lot of Japanese influence which is cool.
-I like that we have different clothing options, but I'm still waiting to see that iconic green tunic!

Overall I'm intrigued with all the new changes and look forward to the final product!
What if we do get backstory at beginning and they are just covering up the plot for now? Like they e indicated

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
6. Graphics look decent, but the characters look way too cartoonish. Some stuff looks interesting, but so far all I've seen is Link do a bunch of mundane stuff like cooking, cutting down trees...it reminds me of Runescape grinding honestly.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
What if we do get backstory at beginning and they are just covering up the plot for now? Like they e indicated

Perhaps you're right, though I got the impression from Aonuma that players will be more or less thrown into Hyrule without much explanation, similar to the first game. Exploration appears to be the true key to unlocking all of Hyrule's secrets. Either way, I'm excited.

Sheik

:the:
I personally am very satisfied with the trailers and gameplay and am excited for this game overall. I think it looks and sounds like a beautiful, immersive experience. But I will explain my opinions further.

So... the title kind of sucks. That's one reasonable complaint for Breath of the Wild. But so far, I've seen a lot of complaints. Well, not as much complaint - more disappointment.

It really looks like Nintendo is taking a more minimalistic approach to the presentation of Breath of the Wild. Sure, you can have a scrolling panoramic of a vast, overwhelming land, but there's no valiant Hyrule Field theme playing to pump you up. Instead you hear quiet, ethereal piano music (which really gives me a Miyazaki vibe when hearing - the visual artstyle matches that as well).

Villages and other Hylian life seems apparently nonexistent, though I'm sure that's untrue. We were given little in the way of plot as well, but it seems Aunona is holding back those aspects of the game from e3. But it still feels like those are not present, so the game appears... empty.

What people were expecting to see, as is what they would find in a 3D Zelda adventure, was some dungeon hopping action, unique area designs, some dumb ancient prophecy of the Sacred Realm or whatever, important villains, childhood friends, threatening beasts and bustling towns, goofy side characters and trading quests, mini games, large-scale dungeon puzzles and the classic green-garbed Hero of Time, tied together with a epic, memorable score.

And very little of that is shown to appear in Breath of the Wind. And honestly, I'm not completely sure myself how I feel about this.

I'll discuss other things. The artstyle looks beautiful in my opinion, and I love the music. Oh and there's voice acting... presumably only for narration as the old man didn't have any, but who knows; maybe there will be voice acting in important cutscenes. Nevertheless, it doesn't feel out of place and I'm glad the series has taken this step.

Combat looks more fleshed out, thankfully. The inventory system is an interesting inclusion, I think it'll fit alright.

Oh, and shield sledding. That's freaking awesome. It damages the shield though... :^(

What I would really like to see are some grand and complex dungeons, hopefully with the same level of interesting aesthetic design that Skyward Sword delivered. I hope there's more than just the rather shallow Shrines we've seen.

Yeah idk what else to say. Breath of the Wild looks noice and I'm buying it day one.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
It was mainly a skybox showcase with little combat/gameplay features shown, but damn it was hype. The biggest talking point for me is the gritty Master Sword in an otherwise cartoonlike cel-shaded art style.

I was hoping for a bit of synopsis reveal but for now I'll trust that the story is going to give us some backstory into the fall of the Sheikah/Rise of the Twili. A lot of people are after legitimate voice acting in game, and for now it looks like they got their wish.

Overall I'm personally extremely hyped for the game right now, I hope they do an advertising run similar to what Bungie did in the leadup to Halo 3 and Reach with their ViDocs and advertising.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
That is the absolute worst reveal trailer for a game I have ever seen. I should not be resisting the urge to fall asleep watching an ad for a thing I'm supposed to be excited about.

Ninty. Ninty Ninty Ninty. Nintendo ol' buddy ol' pal. This is NOT how you make a trailer.

THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE A TRAILER!

Do you Remember Nintendo? Do you remember the THUNDEROUS applause this video received? Do you remember fanbois openly WEEPING on the show floor as they watched this? Do you remember the intrigue? People asking questions. Who was that creepy imp creature? OMG LINK IS A FREAKING WOLF!!

What has this trailer shown us, Nintendo? Oh look, some grass. Oh look, a deer. More grass. Another deer. Is that the Sail Cloth... again? And a horse! Also again! I think I may have seen some goats. Honestly, the only distinct image from this trailer I can recall is of some generic castle with inexcusably pitiful rendering- and I just finished watching it fifteen minutes ago!

What have you become, Nintendo? Where has your drive to CREATE gone? Did your balls drop off? How is this trailer and its corresponding demo so devoid of ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING?

How many years have you had to work on this Nintendo? How much time and money have you been given to flex your creative muscles - or at the very least express something resembling an abstract thought? How long have you dragged this out, teasing us all the while? And THIS is all you've got to show for it??? Do you have any idea how many ambitious creative people there are who could do so, so much with less than half the time and money you've got than your creatively bankrupt minds can comprehend?

Game Over.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
6. Graphics look decent, but the characters look way too cartoonish. Some stuff looks interesting, but so far all I've seen is Link do a bunch of mundane stuff like cooking, cutting down trees...it reminds me of Runescape grinding honestly.

The actual graphics aren't all that consistent I dont think. Some of the textures seem dated especially on some of the cliffs, which I don't think was a problem in the other large world Wii U game xenoblade X.

I actually quite like the art style and I know they would never be able to pull this off on a Wii poo anyway so it is best they went in the anime direction.
everest.png

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Zelda fans are never happy, this guy most of all

Not even sure why you play Zelda when you relentlessly complain about every installment, particularly the difficulty. Go play and join a Dark Souls forum.

Anyway, I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time. Looks fantastic, everything I was hoping for and more.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I thought the graphics were extremely bright but I guess that's my monitor settings. The game looks massive. or at least the overworld does. Some scenes remind me of TP and others of SS. But also a bit of WW in there. I wasn't too fond of the voice in the beginning. But I can live with that.

I'm going to say 8/10. The reason it's not perfect, is because I'm not sure a real open world like this is ideal for Zelda. I'm not saying it won't be either, but it does have me a little nervous. Things like collecting food and tons of weapons makes me feel like it could be a bit tedious for a Zelda game. I understand I'm used to this in many other RPG's, but I'm still a bit skeptical of how this will work for Zelda.

That being said all my fears could easily be squashed, although it has the potential to work against a Zelda game, it also has the potential to be better than the rest, so I guess I won't know until I play it.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
I think Zelda 3: Breath of the Wild Hunt looks like a great game. I like the art style even though I think some of the animations look a little goofy. Choosing armor and weapons you pick up along the way is a great addition, but makes me wonder how the master sword will come into play. Since it's rusty, maybe you don't use it as a weapon, maybe it's only thee for story purposes. 9/10 for hype.

MW7

For the most part, it's what I've been hoping for for a long time. An open world 3d Zelda game that has tons of optional dungeons is what I've wanted. I'm slightly concerned with the amount of RPG elements added but will withhold judgment until the game is released. In brief, either this has a chance to be my favorite game ever, or I don't know what I want. It's possible I've been wasting my time asking for a more open Zelda game and should have been more content with the structured games we've been getting. However, I said I couldn't be more pleased in the poll because they clearly have been listening to fans like myself in the design of this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom