• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Much Would You Pay to Have SS Now.

How much would you pay for skyward sword today

• I would wait and pay 50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60 max

• 70 max

• 80 max

• 100 max

• over 100

• Total voters
Think about it. The hardcore zelda fans are here. How much would you pay to get your hands on Skyward Sword today. Okay now For all intents and purposes we are going to pretend like the bundle does not exist and all that is coming out is the 50 dollar game.

I dont see why game developers dont sell games to the hardcore fans at a higher price point a few months before release, because honestly.. they can get it.

As of today i would probably pay 80 bucks for the game to have it right now (remember we are not thinking about the bundle)

I know alot of you might be too young to buy your own games and forced to wait for birthdays or christmas.

Just curious as to what you guys have to say.

How much would you drop to have a full copy of skyward sword sitting in front of you today?

I would probably pay up to $65 (or $120 for the bundle), but I haven't been playing too many games lately, so I could probably wait for the release date. I have stuff I can do that will hold me over until then.

Besides, its hard when you're unemployed and don't have a lot of money.

I have a question about your statement though. Wouldn't releasing it before the release date effectively change the release date, even if its at a higher price?

I would probably pay up to $65 (or $120 for the bundle), but I haven't been playing too many games lately, so I could probably wait for the release date. I have stuff I can do that will hold me over until then.

Besides, its hard when you're unemployed and don't have a lot of money.

I have a question about your statement though. Wouldn't releasing it before the release date effectively change the release date, even if its at a higher price?

Yeah i know what you mean. But i was thinking something like, you order it directly through nintendo (or whatever game company) and they mail it to you a few months in advance. Its almost unethical considering they are just taking more money from their loyal fanbase. It could be done, but i dont think it ever will be.

I'd actually wait i like bien hyped for a game i can't wait for.

I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes i feel like they hype and anticipation for a game is even more fun than the game itself. I mean the anticipation can last like 2 years and the game only lasts a matter of hours. But if the game was available to me at an 80 dollar price point i don't think i would have the will to decline.

Yeah i know what you mean. But i was thinking something like, you order it directly through nintendo (or whatever game company) and they mail it to you a few months in advance. Its almost unethical considering they are just taking more money from their loyal fanbase. It could be done, but i dont think it ever will be.

That system could potentially be abused though, as a lot of people would just buy the game early and sell it on eBay. It might be a good concept, but I don't think it would work very well in practice.

Don't get me wrong though. I would love to play Skyward Sword in advance.

Nothing. The wait is very fun, and its also the first time i have been hyped for a game!

I was gonna say OVER 9000!!!!! but then I saw Mastiks post and it got me thinking, waiting for this game is actually very fun, over-analyzing every tiny little bit of information and sharing eachothers theorys etc. If I saw it available though, I don't think I'd have the willpower to don't buy it.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
5 Billion Dollar (or 2,5 Milliarden Euro).

Just kidding. I pre ordered the German Limited Bunde for 70 Euro (at the moment: Totally sold out at Amazon.de). I think the price of this edition will drop to 60 Euro at the end. So I wouldn't pay more if I got the chance to play it now. About 60 to 70 Euro.

And Mastik is right. It is fun. It's all like big party. We can discuss about Skyward Sword, watch new trailer, new theories and so on. I prefer to wait for the game.

By the way:

The game is rated 12 by the German USK, and 12 by the european PEGI. Including Twilight Princess, these are the only two Zelda games with such a high age classification.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'd pay probably slightly over 100 pounds to have the game right now. More for the Gold wii remote edition.

vcdomith

Mad Artist
To tell the truth, im from Brazil and I've preordered from Gamestop(USA) and I've paid 406 Reais

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Imagine paying 100.. then it turns out to be the worst Zelda game EVER.. ?

I wouldn't go over 70, mostly because of how close we are. If you asked this maybe last year or earlier this year, I'd probably go up to 100. It's obviously gonna be one of the biggest masterpieces in Zelda history, so of course I wanna have it as soon as possible . . . but there's a limit to my spending xD

OVER $9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not really. Maybe $70. I did pre-order it, but because of how close we are, no more than $70 (So you can disregard this statement ^ ^ ^).

Last edited:
I have the patience of a god when it comes to video games. I'll wait years for the game (well, maybe not years), it just has to be good. I don't want a buggy game early, just a good game at the right time. Also, since my television is broken, I'd rather NOT have the game now and be forced to just stare at the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom