• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda How Much Technology Can Zelda Have and Still Be Zelda?

Salem

SICK
I think that this is the worst possible thread in the history of Zelda, because it proves that people have forgotten what really makes Zelda, well, Zelda.

Zelda isn't about medieval fantasy, or the Triforce, or even Zelda herself. Zelda is about solving puzzles, exploring a vast, expansive content filled world with secrets and wonderful things to find, and most of all, having fun. The title of this thread is an INSULT to what makes the franchise what it is. Even if Zelda becomes sci-fi, as long as it keeps it's core, it's still Zelda. Period.
Harsh, but I agree for the most part. ^^

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Well I've always thought of the Zelda series as more of a magical genre, I mean in almost ALL the original games, ALttP, OoT, MM, you had a magic meter. And there were magical items like, heck, the MAGIC ROD, Fire Rod, Ice Rod, magical capes that had strange effects. I remember when Twilight Princess came out, I was kindof mad because of items like the Spinner and Ball and Chain, they were taking the magic out of Zelda. Now I realize, that if they want to make it slightly less orientated around magic, it's still ok, because the series will always be magic in itself. The essence of the Triforce and Link and everything is just magical, so I think it's alright if they want to experiment a bit, I know it'll still be Zelda

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom