• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild how much familiarity do you want?

Zelda U will challenge conventions.... This isn't the first time we've heard such a statement from Nintendo about Zelda bit its possible that this will be the one...

If it is and Zelda U does mix things up, how much do you want to stay the same?

Link looks very different this time around, do you want the other Zelda regulars to look as different from their previous designs?

Do you want the majority of the gameplay to be the same or do you want a new control scheme?

Do you want to visit places with familiar names so that the world doesn't feel entirely alien?

What do you want to stay the same in Zelda U?

I want dungeons to stay. Past that, they can innovate all they want. But if they tinker with my favorite part of the series, I won't be particularly pleased.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Zelda U will challenge conventions.... This isn't the first time we've heard such a statement from Nintendo about Zelda bit its possible that this will be the one...

If it is and Zelda U does mix things up, how much do you want to stay the same?

Link looks very different this time around, do you want the other Zelda regulars to look as different from their previous designs?

Do you want the majority of the gameplay to be the same or do you want a new control scheme?

Do you want to visit places with familiar names so that the world doesn't feel entirely alien?

What do you want to stay the same in Zelda U?

I don't think many conventions will be challenged. With Aounuma at the helm I doubt much will change. And whilst we have never had a 3D open world Zelda before it will probably be very similar to Skyrim and Witcher 3, nothing totally new which is not a bad thing if it can at least match those games.

I have said before I don't like Links new design, he looks far too feminine. I know he has an anime look to him usually and there are a lot of feminine looking men in Anime but Zelda U link just seems a step too far. We have had the tomboyish Tetra in WW which worked out but she also became the traditional feminine princess later on in the game. I just hope that we don't ever see a feminised Ganondorf.

The gameplay of Zelda works. We don't need a new control scheme, they could make a new IP if they want to change things there rather than change up a series in that way which people love.

This is Hyrule after all. Places should be familiar and have familiar names. If they wanted to change names and make a place seem alien then they could have set this in another land. I don't have a problem with new lands and different settings but why change what Hyrule is?

In Zelda U I want the general gameplay to remain the same as in previous titles, particularly TP and WW with the hidden skills and parry attack. Maybe a refinement on those rather than taking most out like in SS. I want to see familiar races and quirky characters, and of course the trademark humour of the series.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Well I really don't care what they do to the dungeons or the overworld, so long as they aren't bogged down with wrpg tropes. I do care however about what they do with the characters, which I don't want to be unfamiliar at all. Link is already a step too far for example, he's far too feminine, and I worry about the green tunic.

So I guess, more familiar, would be my answer.

B

brittany

i'd just like to see new spins/twists on familiar settings and characters like the games have always done. i also want there to be lots of nonfamiliarity in certain aspects. just leave the core formula intact and i'll be happy.

MW7

I could accept any changes except the games need dungeon-type environments and puzzles. I wouldn't care if it was set in space as long as the gameplay is familiar.

I want it to be completely different as possible so that it can break the curse of every 3D Zelda game needing to be like Ocarina of Time.

I hope the overworld still stays cohesive enough, despite its allegedly huge scale.

I know it's too much to ask for in 2016, but can we maybe be spared of quest markers just this once in an open world game? It's too hand-holdy, and just flat out disrespectful to the player's intelligence. I could handle maybe drawing a circle around the general area of your location, but that's it. Anything else would ruin it.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
Well for a zelda game to feel well like zelda it needs link, zelda (mm was an exception) dungeons, cool items, the triforce ganondorf and a good story. Everything else they can throw out the window and make completely new change all you want make it new but still make it feel zelda.

Personally, I'd like more optional mini dungeons. I'd also like it if the world changed with the more progress you made ingame; exploring a certain amount of areas/dungeons would open up more things in the places you've already visited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom