• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Much Did You Like It?

NES

Awesome
I'm easily satisfied -- I'll give it an 8.

I don't know, I really liked it minus the annoying overworld. Ughh. But the dungeons were a blast and I had a lot of fun playing it. I really liked the new items and the stamp collection idea. Plus, Link's train conductor outfit was too cute, haha. Maybe I'll change my mind later since I just played it, but I thought it was a nice addition to the series. It definitely didn't have a huge impact on me, but it was still fun.

took everything we hated from phantom hourglass and sorted it out and had great bosses, great items and it was just really fun, i think its as good as the oracle twins

T

the white fang

I really liked the force gems, the rabbit's, the new items (sand wand) and the fact that you could play with two characters at once.
Great game.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
8.5 coz the train was way too slow and the bunnies? come on! and the whole phantom thing all over again?
but it is an improvement from PH but also the storyline and everything else was great, especially the bosses.

T

tiffany

8.5 when compared to all video games (Because Zelda games will always be higher on my list than any others)
6 for a Zelda game

It was pretty simple, but the puzzles were fun. I definitely enjoyed it, just wasn't as challenging as I would like. Especially the bosses.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Music: 10
Game-Play: 8.3
Length: 7.5
Storyline: 9.2
Total Rating: 8.8/10 (I added all of the ratings up and found the average for the rating.)

It had excellent and catchy music that anyone will adore.
The game play was fun, but there were some things that maybe could have been better.
The game seemed a tad short, but not short enough to keep me from playing it twice.
The storyline was excellent. I loved it, but some things could have been lengthened here and there.

ST was good. Not OMG THAT WAS AMAZING good, but it was good. Far better than PH at least. I just wish Nintendo would stop it with the quirky overworld modes of transportation. Maybe it's just because the DS is so weak, but I really miss just walking. And Toon Link is so ugly with absolutely no improvement graphic wise from PH....

But those are my main complaints. I could nit-pick things like the stupid bunny sidequest and the rather lack-luster story that leaves you hanging for almost 50% of the game, but no game is perfect. What really solidifies a place in my mind is the amazing music. Damn that music was good.

7.5 for me. Big improvement over the 5.0 I give PH right now.

The game was very fun. I especially enjoyed venturing the Tower of Spirits, with all of the unique ways of conquering it. The storyline was pretty nice, but it kinda left you hanging for quite a bit. The gameplay itself was very smooth, and the method of two characters worked wonders. The items were pretty nice, not to mention creative, but I wish it was a bit better. The music is by far my favorite part of the game. As for nit-picking, I will admit that the bunnies were kinda lame, and I didn't even get a dozen of them. I found the Dark/Armored Trains extremelly annoying, as well as the return of the Phantoms. However, this was somewhat a good thing, because the fear of Phantoms I gained in Phantom Hourglass has gone away.

Still, it was a great game overall. Worthy addition to the Zelda series. It won't keep me busy long enough for Zelda Wii, however.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
This is personal review about how I feel about Spirit Tracks. Contains spoilers.

Let's see...

Music
I give it a 10/10 in the music department. It took many Legendary tracks from previous games (Going to Hyrule from WW, Title Theme from LoZ, Zelda's Lullaby from ALttP, etc, etc) and made them ever more awesome (Lost Woods, Final Preparations, and Attempts of a Princess).

They also took a couple great themes from the prequel, Phantom Hourglass, and put them in unedited to create a nostalgia effect (Dark Link and Linebeck III).

It also had many great- no scratch that- AMAZING original themes (Chancellor Cole, Troubled Realm, Title Theme, Byrne's Theme, Snurglar, Mini Boss, Fraaz Fight, and much more).
Gameplay
I give ST an 8.2/10 in the gameplay department. The touch controls were fabulous albeit sometimes they were annoying (sometimes I rolled right into an enemy! :dry:).

The train was actually in my opinion very fun and entertaining and was a huge step up in my opinion from PH's steam boat overworld exploration. Although it was on tracks I find this to give the game a bit more difficulty in figuring out which route to choose in order to avoid the Dark Trains.

The Tower of Spirits was another huge improvement over the Temple of the Ocean King and I greatly enjoyed it, as well as the puzzles and being able to play as Phantom Zelda.

As for the dungeons they were a decent challenge puzzle wise and the bosses were epic and a bit of a challenge for me at first (I almost died on Skeldritch the first time... thank the Goddesses for Yellow Potion and the Spirit of Healing!).
Graphics
I give it a 7.8/10 in the graphics department. They could stand to be better (IE give them flipping fingers!) but for a handheld they're pretty good but the toon graphics just aren't quite done justice.
Plot
I give it a 9.7/10 in the plot department. I like the whole story of Link and Tetra finding New Hyrule, being caught up in a supernatural war between the Spirits of Good and the Demon King and being entrusted the land very interesting as a backstory.

Also, Byrne's plot twist was very unexpected and the expression Link and Zelda gave at the moment it was revealed perfectly sums up how I felt about it. "EH?!"

Also the story of Cole being a demon was expected, as I had sadly seen the spoiler mini preview and really I also obviously expected him to be evil somehow what with the demonic irish music and the toothy grin as well as what Zelda said.

I also adore how Zelda actually accompanies Link throughout the adventure.

Overall I give Spirit Tracks a 9.9/10

now its my turn:

9.5/10

Spirit Tracks is my favorite 2D zelda game to date. The story is great and Chancellor Cole is funny. The idea of zelda being your partner and being able to control Phantoms is great.

Hero Of Spirits

Champion of Cyrodiil
I'd have to give it a 9. I really enjoyed the music (who doesn't?). Controlling Zelda also scored high with me, it was nice to see Zelda get a bit of the action for a change lol. Could have been a bit longer, but a very nice game to play. :)

I give it a 7.
Pros: Fun dungeons
Good music.
Cons:
Almost no overworld
Story was weak.
Train was boring.
I also wish they did cel shaded Zelda on consoles again, the DS doesn't do the brilliant cell shading from Wind Waker justice in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom