• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How many times has your favourite Zelda game changed?

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Only once, and it was about 2 years ago. My favorite Zelda game had been OoT for the past 10 years until a friend let me borrow his copy of MM and I was in awe.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
My favourite is Zelda 2:AoL.
Taht changed to MM for a while then went back to Zelda 2:AoL.

The Zelda game I think is the worst ever is Wind Waker. I felt that on the day of it's GC release and that has not changed till today.

Even the Wii U HD remake? I think the remake makes Wind Waker even better.

Mine changed from The Legend of Zelda to Link's Awakening to Ocarina of Time. That's because I played them in release order. Ocarina has been my favorite Zelda game since I played it, and nothing will ever change that. I mean, hopefully Zelda U will, but I doubt it.

I have this weird thing where it flops between OoT and TP. Whenever I finish up a run of TP (the last one was a couple of years ago though), I always seem to think I like it more than OoT. Then I'll play OoT 3D or something and go right back.

I'd imagine that once I get done with TPHD I'll probably like it more than OoT. Maybe it'll stay that way too, until OoT gets a HD remake or something down the line.

Even the Wii U HD remake? I think the remake makes Wind Waker even better.

Mine changed from The Legend of Zelda to Link's Awakening to Ocarina of Time. That's because I played them in release order. Ocarina has been my favorite Zelda game since I played it, and nothing will ever change that. I mean, hopefully Zelda U will, but I doubt it.
Yes even the WiU remake. I think WWGC is better than WWHD in most ways, but not all. It's a very subjective thing to say though. WW as a game is not bad at all. It's alright. Even I like certain aspects of it, mostly how well the NPCs are designed. It's just less good than all the other Zelda games in my opinion.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Yes even the WiU remake. I think WWGC is better than WWHD in most ways, but not all.

Interesting. I don't really understand how, but interesting nonetheless! :)

It's a very subjective thing to say though. WW as a game is not bad at all. It's alright. Even I like certain aspects of it, mostly how well the NPCs are designed. It's just less good than all the other Zelda games in my opinion.

I feel that WWHD addressed a lot of the issues that WW had. I felt it retained all of the good, and got rid of a lot of the bad, and then added HD to it, so I really think it was all positives.

But fair enough, I suppose!

Interesting. I don't really understand how, but interesting nonetheless! :)
Thank you. I'll explain my views on the matter.

• I think WWGC is better because WWHD used an over saturated colour palette and WWHD also was way too bright and had too much bloom.
  • I think WWHD is better because you don't have to change the wind every 2 seconds when you overshoot one of the hundreds of junk fishing spits in the game. Also the inventory on the gamepad is pretty cool too. WWHD also improved the draw distance in the ocean. WWHD's ocean is still a loading screen in disguise (not seamless like XCX) but it's better in HD.
Basically WWGC has the better graphics and aesthetics but WWHD has better gameplay features/fixes - in my opinion.

We all have our own opinions and that's cool. I respect your opinion too. I don't disagree with you, jsut saying we each value different things in our games and remakes.

Last edited:

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Thank you. I'll explain my views on the matter.

• I think WWGC is better because WWHD used an over saturated colour palette and WWHD also was way too bright and had too much bloom.
  • I think WWHD is better because you don't have to change the wind every 2 seconds when you overshoot one of the hundreds of junk fishing spits in the game. Also the inventory on the gamepad is pretty cool too. WWHD also improved the draw distance in the ocean. WWHD's ocean is still a loading screen in disguise (not seamless like XCX) but it's better in HD.
Basically WWGC has the better graphics and aesthetics but WWHD has better gameplay features/fixes - in my opinion.

We all have our own opinions and that's cool. I respect your opinion too. I don't disagree with you, jsut saying we each value different things in our games and remakes.

Yeah, there did seem to be a lot of bloom, but I think it didn't really negatively affect it too much. The graphical updates were merely a nice touch, as far as I'm concerned. The gameplay fixes were what really make the HD version the version of the game. The Quick Sail and the reduced Triforce Quest were just incredible. Plus, being able to run around in first-person view with boomerang/bow/grappling hook was a really nice addition. One small thing that maybe a lot of people didn't notice is that when you conducted a song, it didn't remind you which song you just conducted every time. It told you what song you conducted once, and the next time you conducted, it just skipped that secondary little screen. Not a huge change, but one that I really enjoyed.

So ... do you think you'll get TPHD? Or are you waiting to see what kinds of changes they make?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom