• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Many Scars Do You Have?

How many scars do you have?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10+

• Total voters

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Um, so I guess if the belly button counts... three?

I have one on my wrist and one on my head, both from a surgery I had in first grade. There was a mole with the potential to become cancerous and they had to remove it. On my wrist is where they injected pain-killer – or something like that; I don't really remember. The other is where the mole actually used to be... if it counts as a scar. It's not a scar in the traditional sense, but it's a giant bald spot on my head. The doctor said the hair would grow back, but it never did. It's be another major operation to get the hair to grow back again now, so I just don't worry about it.

W

westar

I got over 10 just from savnig a woman who got attacked by a man with a knife. It was outside the local bar and me and my friends was just about to go home when we heard she screaming. We rushed there and saw him threaten her with a big knife. I'm quite strong and have been in the national team in Judo so I was sure I was going to get advantage over him if he droped the knife, so I grabbed a stick and slamed it into his knees so he crumbled but didn't quite lose the grip of the knife so he hit me several times before i could lock him with a grip. When police arrived they drove me to the hospital for some quick surgery. It hurted a bit afterwards, but it was worth every stitch when the woman visited me at the hospital and thanked me!

Dan

I have one on my knee from when I accidentally kneed a table when I was 6 and it cut pretty deep. It's not that noticeable anymore.
Don't forget that A you carved into your hand over a certain obsession. ;)
I have 50 scars on my legs, it's not a very nice thing I like talking about but my legs look HORRIBLE!

Alright Westar, I don't want to insult you or anything, but I don't believe you.

First you don't get an advantage over somebody just because you are strong. Chances are that a person out with a knife would know how to use it. A real advantage is received from alot of factors. And skill > strenght.

Second, its hard to find a stick on the streets, that is hard enough to actually hurt on a hit. Not to mention that such a stick would be very hard to remove from what ever it is, be it a bush, tree or w/e. For your story to be accurate there should be such a stick on the ground at just the right moment, which sounds highly unlikely. How many heavy sticks do you see laying on the streets daily? Plus, even if you did find a stick, you would need to know how to use it, to hit someone in the knee. I don't think anyone would just let you hit them on the knee. Remmember the knee is infront of the person, which means that he would be able to see you. Now if you said hit him on the back of the head or in the back, that sounds reasonable. That way he wouldn't expect it. Plus a strong hit in the back of the head with a blunt object is enough to knock out a person, or in sever cases kill them. So that's a risky tactic. Your best bet was to forget the stick, sneak behind the criminal, grab him by the face and use some Judo grab? (I'm more fammilier with Karate and Wing Chun) to slam him on the ground. Were you taught to use a quarterstaff or something?

And third, if you are hit with a knife, you would more or less lose the fight. The pain alone from a single slice would make you lose strenght. Not to mention several of them.
And in the case of a stab, you would be lucky to live through it.

Even I, who has lost alot of his time practicing to use all sorts of weapons (I know I'm mad) and spars with friends often, I am not sure I would survive, much less win such an encounter.

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Just two. One near my heel bone, you know, the bone sticking out on both sides of your foot? I got that one from riding a bike. The other would be on my left forearm very close to the region where it bends. I got that one by accidentally cutting myself with a piece of glass. Both injuries were nasty, btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom