• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Many Dungeons Should a Zelda Game Have?

How Many Dungeons Should a Zelda Game Have?

• 4-6 (Like Majora's Mask)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7-9 (Like Ocarina of Time)

• 10-12 (Like Twilight Princess if counting the Cave of Ordeals)

• 13+ (Like A Link to the Past)

• Total voters
Honestly I don't feel there is a set amount that a Zelda game ''should'' have. It depends on the game itself and the quality of the dungeons. I'd personally prefer fewer dungeons that are of higher quality than more just for the sake of having more. Also while I love the dungeons and they are a big part of Zelda, it's the over world & the side stuff that attracts me the most personally.

Zelda games should have 8 like OoT, but have about 5 just as long ones that are completly optional. Being an uncreative fellow i'm not sure what the purpose of them would be but i think that wuold be pretty awesome :)

I prefer the dungeon layout and quantity in Twilight Princess, around 10-12, counting an optional like the Cave of Ordeals.

Also, it would be great to have a dungeon corresponding to each element in the Zelda series:
-1 Forest dungeon (like the Woodfall Temple, the Forest Temple in TP)
-1 Fire dungeon (like Dragonroost Cavern, Goron Mines or the Fire Temple)
-1 Water dungeon (a mix of the Lakebed Temple and the Great Bay Temple)
-1 Desert dungeon (like Spirit Temple, Arbiter's Grounds or Desert Palace)
-1 Ice dungeon (like Snowhead Temple and the Snowpeak Ruins, or a large version of the Ice Cavern)
-1 Light dungeon (like Temple of Time or Tower of the Gods)
-1 Wind dungeon (like City in the Sky or Palace of Winds)
-1 Darkness dungeon (like Shadow Temple, Earth Temple or Palace of Twilight)
-The final dungeon
Add a second element to any one of the dungeons above: Electric (machinery obstacles), Darkness, etc.

The optional dungeon is mainly a mix of the Cave of Ordeals (facing increasingly difficult enemies), the Savage Labyrinth (the first half is part of the main quest) and the Gerudo Training Grounds (a fair amount of obstacle courses and challenges involved).

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Fifteen plus dungeons, and they all have to be of the Adventure of Link difficulty, from day one. :right:

In all honesty, a Zelda game could have from four to 13+, it doesn't really matter so long as one of two things happen: the game is just great (like ALttP or OoT) or I care deeply for the fate of the characters (like MM). Even if neither things happen, the dungeons themselves need to be intuitively designed. MM had four dungeons, but they were four GREAT dungeons. ALttP by comparison had like 12 or so (I can't remember), and those were 12+ good dungeons, all complementing the game as needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom