• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Long Have You Stayed Up?

Well, a few months ago, I was at a Sleep-Over at my friend's house with three other friends.
We sat up talking and playing the Wii and our DS' to about 11 PM, afterwhich, we got tired, went to the kitchen, had a drink of juice, then went to bed.

We sat up talking to about 3 am. And eventually, we all fell asleep.

That was one of the times that I can remember, but after some talking to friends, I rememberd this;

It was in August, and I was staying at another friend's house.
We had went to the swimming pool that day, so by the time we got to his house, we were already pretty tired.
We decided that we would stay up playing Pokemon, go on the internet, and talk. Eventually, we both got tired, and we decided to call it a night.

My friend fell asleep within about ten minutes, but I couldn't fall asleep. I tried playing tricks on my friend to resolve my boredom, but still no sleep. :(

I lay awake until about 5 am, and then, I began to fall asleep....that was until, the birds started squaking! :mad:
I covered my ears, fell asleep, and woke up like a bear about 2 hours later.

If I ever stay up late, I wake up extremely grouchy the next morning. I'm not a morning person at all.

Another of these events was when my school decided to take a trip to Scotland. we had to get up at 5 AM in the morning, go to school and get the bus to the airport. Suprisingly, I wasnt grouchy that morning.
The world is quite peaceful at 5 AM. But in saying that, I took a few 30 minute naps on the way there and back.

But, all was not well. The trip was not very fun. But I enjoyed it despite everything else.

But, getting back to the topic at hand, the longest I have stayed up is probably to about 5 AM to 6 AM in the morning.

Peaceful? Where I live, it's smelly at 5:AM! I had to get up at that time once for a school trip to France. Ugh!

Back on topic, The latest I've ever stayed up has been 3:AM, as far as I remember. or at least, 3 beofre I went to bed, but about another half hour beofre I could sleep.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I managed to stay up till 5:00am.But for some reason I just couldn't sleep.But I usually go to bed near 1:00am in the summer.If its a school day I go to bad at 10:00

My record isn't anyway near as high as Vincent's but I've hit the 43 hour mark at the highest before I just decided I needed some sleep. It really isn't that hard once you enter the time where you just go from tired to over tired (I don't know if you guys call it that) and you just feel normal, sure your eyes feel heavy but as long as you don't get into a position where you are likely to fall asleep then you are fine.

Also as Vincent and Zeruda said, if you go past 24 hours it's quite easy to stay awake but I only really do this during long holidays so that I can play games to keep myself occupied while the time goes by, there is probably nothing worse than being bored for hours on end.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
One time when I was younger, I became afraid of falling sleep because I thought I might never wake up (or that something might happen while I was sleeping). Somehow, I managed to stay up for about a week, but I felt REALLY weird. My mind didn't work quite right, my reactions were sluggish, and I couldn't even count to 3 without making mistakes. I ended up spending a lot of time mindlessly marching between the front door and the stairway humming the Super Mario World's Koopa castle music, pretending I was one of those Dry Bones things guarding something, occasionally stopping to look around nervously. Somehow, this kept me awake.

I ended up falling into this weird cycle where I would stay up for a week, fall asleep for two hours to thirty minutes, freak out that I fell asleep, stay up for another week, and then repeat. It lasted for about a month. Eventually, I figured out that how long I stay up has no effect on the passage of time... the sun rises and falls at the same rate, the night always lasts the same amount of time no matter what I do. I also somehow got over the idea that I was missing something by sleeping, because I realized that I couldn't appreciate anything that was going on around me in a sleep-deprived state.

These days, it seems like I can only manage to stay up for three days if I have to, but it usually makes me sick if I go over two days.

E

Evilchuchu

I have stayed up til 4:30 am and I passed out. I was playing super mario 64

vatti

The Acorn sized Magician
the longest I have ever stayed up was about 3:30 am. me and my cousin had stayed up for new years, and we were really hyped up. we spent most of the time playing mario and sonic at the olympic winter games. it was pretty fun.

P

PixelSmile

The longest ive stayed up is 6 in the morning during the summer holidays :)
One of my most memories to by honest, Me and an online friends who i've known for like 3-4 years stayed up all night talking to each other. :)

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
30 hours once when I was 13 or 14. My buddy came over for a sleep over the day I got James Bond Nightfire for the PS2. Anyways, no sleeping was done, and we both ended up staying up all night playing, up until 12 in the afternoon of the next day.
I could definitely stay up longer nowadays, but I don't have any reason to.

P

PixelSmile

I could of stayed up all night last night too.. but i had to be at the hairdressers by 9am so i would of been so cranky :/

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I occasionally get bouts of half-insomnia on special occasions (ie night before first day of school) were I randomly drift into light sleep for maybe a total of 10 minutes every hour and stay alert and awake for the rest of the night. When I was younger and went to sleepovers we stayed up hyped up on sugar before crashing at about 4-5 am. Otherwise I sometimes like to stay up until around 12 to 1 am doing random stuff on the computer.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Well when I was like 10 or 11, I was on a trip to Arizona. I woke up at around 7 or something earlier that day and stayed up until 3 AM. I didn't sleep anytime from 7AM to 3AM.

The longest I have stayed up before was three whole days. It started with one night staying up late chatting with a friend and drinking a lot of caffeine... eventually when it was 5 am and I wasn't tired, I figured going to sleep wasn't worth it. It was this logic that also made me stay up a second day... and of course a third day... :S Considering the circumstances, it wasn't exactly pleasant. Nor do I plan on going that long without sleep again. of course though, on a regular basis, I usually stay up until about 2-3 am. I'm a late nighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom