• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How long do you like dungeons to be?

Games like Ocarina Of Time and Twilight Princess: Long

Games like Wind Waker and Majora’s Mask: Medium

Games like Breath Of The Wild and Tears Of The Kingdom: Short

Games like Skyward Sword: Varied

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo
ZD Champion
Games like Ocarina Of Time and Twilight Princess: Long

Games like Wind Waker and Majora’s Mask: Medium

Games like Breath Of The Wild and Tears Of The Kingdom: Short

Games like Skyward Sword: Varied
Varied seems the sensible approach, so that the fans who hate short dungeons get some long ones and those who hate long ones get some short ones. And yet still there will be complaints. XD

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I prefer longer dungeons. I think an hour and a half to 2 hours of constant gameplay without getting stumped is a good length for a dungeon.

A lot of Zelda games understandably start off pretty simple before ramping things up in the back half, and those dungeons to me are a great length like the Adult Link dungeons in Ocarina of Time or almost any dungeon in Twilight Princess.

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo
ZD Champion
I prefer longer dungeons. I think an hour and a half to 2 hours of constant gameplay without getting stumped is a good length for a dungeon.

A lot of Zelda games understandably start off pretty simple before ramping things up in the back half, and those dungeons to me are a great length like the Adult Link dungeons in Ocarina of Time or almost any dungeon in Twilight Princess.
That is ideal, start out with some shorter to mid length dungeons and as the game progresses longer and more difficult dungeons.

Is there a Labyrinth type dungeon? If not, I’d love one of those.

A Link In Time

ZD Legend
That is ideal, start out with some shorter to mid length dungeons and as the game progresses longer and more difficult dungeons.

Is there a Labyrinth type dungeon? If not, I’d love one of those.
Which game are you referring to with your question?

If it's OoT, I would say probably the Water Temple and Spirit Temple fit that description most.

For Twilight Princess, I'd say Snowpeak Ruins.

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo
ZD Champion
Which game are you referring to with your question?

If it's OoT, I would say probably the Water Temple and Spirit Temple fit that description most.

For Twilight Princess, I'd say Snowpeak Ruins.
Oh I meant an old school labrynith:

maxresdefault.jpg

Are there any temples with stairs leading in all directions, up and down and etc?

I ask cuz I have not played:
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword
Most of Breath of the Wild
Tears of the Kingdom

A Link In Time

ZD Legend
Oh I meant an old school labrynith:

maxresdefault.jpg

Are there any temples with stairs leading in all directions, up and down and etc?

I ask cuz I have not played:
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword
Most of Breath of the Wild
Tears of the Kingdom
While it's not what you're looking for, the Lakebed Temple has a very cool rotating staircase gimmick.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
To sharpen our language here and because the distinction is useful for us Zelda fans, a labyrinth is a single path leading to the center whereas a maze has branching paths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom