• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Link Got to Termina

M

Majora'sMask

Every ones been curious about how link got to termina, and after reading Zenox's teory of the "Morphed Triforce", it lead me to think that in MM, when Skull Kid leads Link into that cave in the lost woods, and Link falls down that cliff, is when Link arrives to Termina.Haven't you noticed that when you look up at the ceiling, theres this hole whith light rays coming out of it?Isn't it weird that in a scene where it shows Skull Kid's back, those rays of light showed a shadow of the Morphed Triforce?As Link falls down the cliff, he sees these little visions of masks, ¡tems and other stuff he is going to obtain in Termina(thus saying it's Link's destiny to save Termina).There, you think that Link passed out and was having weird dreams, yet when he falls on the Deku Flower, he's tottaly awake and pissed at Skull Kid and you know what happens later.
As for the characters that appear in Termina, many people have posted that its a parallel dimension of Hyrule.

Here's a picture of the Morphed TriforceMorphed TRIFORCE.JPG

I would like to know what you think about my theory, and if you disagree whith something, please do tell, since this theory still nees some fine tuning.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
A morphed triforce...? It doesn't seem likely to me. I think they just put it there because they wanted to stick with the "tri" idea, but it could possibly be a terminian triforce.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
What about the twisted corridor under Clock Tower? What's that, if Link's already in Termina?

To tell the truth, I don't know what to make of that symbol. There are probably many ways one could try to explain it, but there aren't any other clues or suggestions as to what it's supposed to be. I figured that since there are two magic-like portals to pass through, the space between them must exist outside of either universe. But I don't know how that symbol would connect to that.

Anubis

The most inactive active
I think its like it says in the manga. The happymask salesman brought Link to the dimension/world because he wants the Majoras Mask from Skull Kid. I havent played the whole MM so Im not sure if thats just an extra story they put in the manga, they also mentioned that there was four worlds. Is this possible or am making a fool out of myself? x)

M

Majora'sMask

I think its like it says in the manga. The happymask salesman brought Link to the dimension/world because he wants the Majoras Mask from Skull Kid. I havent played the whole MM so Im not sure if thats just an extra story they put in the manga, they also mentioned that there was four worlds. Is this possible or am making a fool out of myself? x)
But we are trying to find out how he got there in the game. The manga isnt always the same :/

Alex Arbiter

That Random Guy
More or less this Morphed Triforce seem to just be the spot lights for talt, tail, and the skull kid. Go look at it right now and you'll see what I mean.

i think you may be right. also, the whole falling down a huge pit reminds me of Alice in wonderland, so that could signify that the pit is the entrance to Termina.

Crono

Hylian Rebel
Well it is obvious "where" he entered Termina, as shown in the game. But you didn't mention "how" he got there. Maybe the Lost Woods has more secrets than originally thought.

Djinn

and Tonic
i think you may be right. also, the whole falling down a huge pit reminds me of Alice in wonderland, so that could signify that the pit is the entrance to Termina.

I also thought this. I assumes Link's falling into the cave was supposed to resemble the falling down the rabbit hole into Wonderland in Alice in Wonderland.

But while we are throwing theories around we must remember the entrance to Termina was found in the Lost Woods. Which is a place known to be a cursed (or enchanted depending on how you look at it) region that bends space and time. The Lost Woods of the Kokiri Forest is shown to have some sort of warping ability since whenever Link makes a wrong turn he is warped to the entrance to the Kokiri Forest. While in LoZ and FSA Link will just reappear in the same spot over and over again until the correct path is taken. So obviously some type of magical bending/warping of space is involved in it's enchantment.

So it could be possible that the strong magical properties of the reality bending forest resulted in some accidental, or intentional if the Skull Kid genuinely wanted to go to Termina, opening to the world Termina is in. Perhaps Majora helped in creating the doorway to Termina, we will never know. But I do believe the properties of the Lost Woods were involved somehow.

I like that idea of the morphed triforce...but not for theory purposes. It shows how nintendo was really trying to make Termina feel different than Hyrule.

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
Well, I don't think Link got there because he went with Skull Kid, who wanted to get there. Skull Kid had already wreaked lots of havoc before Link even arrived. I think Skull Kid simply wanted to screw with him like everybody else, so he brought him into Termina. I don't think that symbol is relevant at all. I think that Termina is somewhat of an alternate Hyrule in a way; the Lost Woods, as stated before, are magical and therefore cannot really be explained. I think Skull Kid brought Link just to cause more trouble. Alternatively, I think it could also be Majora's planning. The game suggests that the Fierce Deity is Majora's rival, and who better to unlock the powers of the deity than the Hero of Time? This could have been so Majora could destroy the Fierce Deity and also destroy the Hero of Time, thus solidifying its position of power. It could have warped Link to Termina just to vanquish the Fierce Deity. Either way, the hole and the bizarre warping stuff suggest that Termina does not exist in the same timespace as Hyrule. Which also raises another question: How did Link get back to Hyrule, exactly...?

M

Majora'sMask

Please don't get me wrong. When i mentioned Zenox's Morphed Triforce theory, i was only explaning how i came up with the idea. I didn't say that the Morphed Triforce theory had any influence on how the theory is going to change or how the theory really is. When i read the therory and played the game, the idea just popped up in my head and i just explained the causes (:

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
You say 'morphed', I say 'inverted'. Inversion of each triangle, rather than just the inversion of the symbol as a whole (since each triangle itself is a symbol of the power it presents, which ordinarily make the ever-known triangle we've come to expect of the series). It could be a symbol to show that the Triforce that Link knows holds no power here, or that the Triforce the Terminians believe in doesn't work on the power-cycle that the Hylian one holds. It could even be that the Triforce presented here focuses on the negative aspects of the Golden Power over the positive, and has come to be praised in that light. Or the change of the symbol could just be another prank of the Skull Kid, who we already know to have taken a shine to hijinx of a far grander scale than simple theft pretty quickly.

But at the same time, I don't think that the symbol here had any greater meaning than to show you, the player, that you have stepped out of the familiar grounds that are Hyrule. In much the same way Link falls into this land like Alice down the rabbit hole, this symbol is like Dorothy's expression "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore" from Wizard of Oz.

But anyway.

I'm not convinced Skull Kid intentionally led Link into this place. Considering he'd just taken his ocarina and his horse, no doubt he was eager to just leave him behind in the forest, as he seemed to do with the HMS when he got the accursed mask in the first place. I'd have been quicker to guess that it was a combination of things: The Skull Kid's door to Termina not closing fast enough, perhaps the HMS aiding in this subtly, seeing Link as someone who could help get his mask back, and perhaps even in part Link's own rush of luck factored in! One can't know for sure, but I'd have thought it was a combination of factors leading to his arrival.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom