• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How is Twilight Princess a Sequel to Majora's Mask?

jamezrockz98

Link rockz like me. Yay!!
Hey guys. So I was looking at Timeline Theorys on the forums and noticed that I have seen Majora's Mask and then Twilight Princess. I have finished Majora's Mask but I am halfway through Twilight Princess but, I still can't see how Twilight Princess is a sequel to Majora's Mask. If someone can answer this for me, that would be great!:)

Z

Zayloox

The timeline is very confusing i've been obssesed with the legend of zelda games for years and i don't know why it's like that but when we're talking about myimoto's almost inexestant timeline so it's best not to question the logic that is not in the zelda games

Majora's Mask is a sequel to Ocarina of Time as that has been officially announced. But I've also seen that Twilight Princess come after Majora's Mask in some Timeline videos on YouTube. I think I have an explanation. We all know the Hero's Shade in Twilight Princess, right? Anyway since that Hero's Shade is carrying the same shield and sword from the Link in Majora's Mask (except its like a dirtier version.) Also, Link has the adult version of Epona in Twilight Princess which could easily be the horse from Majora's Mask. ;)

Its because there is a split timeline and The Wind Waker is on the adult one because in the story it talks about how Ganon was imprisoned by the hero of time. In TP its on the child timeline, same as Majora's Mask because its obvious MM is a sequel to Ocarina of Time and link is a child in it. The story of TP talks about how before Ganon was able to take control of Hyrule he was captured, most likely due to Child Link and Zelda telling everyone of his plans. Ganondorf was sent to the Arbiter's grounds for execution and they failed so he was sealed in the Twilight Realm, this starts the story of TP.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Majora's Mask is a sequel to Ocarina of Time as that has been officially announced. But I've also seen that Twilight Princess come after Majora's Mask in some Timeline videos on YouTube. I think I have an explanation. We all know the Hero's Shade in Twilight Princess, right? Anyway since that Hero's Shade is carrying the same shield and sword from the Link in Majora's Mask (except its like a dirtier version.) Also, Link has the adult version of Epona in Twilight Princess which could easily be the horse from Majora's Mask. ;)
The hero's shade does not have the same equipment as MM-Link. Also, you can't base theories on theories.

TP by itself doesn't have any/much connection with MM. However, MM is a confirmed sequel to OoT, and so is TP, just in the more distant future.

Well the adult timeline of ocarina of time goes into wind waker while the kid line goes into majora's mask than twilight princess if I remember correctly.However I would not dive to deeply into it it's just not worth melting your brain trying to figure it out.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
TP is a sequel to OoT on the CT, and since MM is a direct sequel to OoT, TP is automatically a sequel to MM, as it takes place 100+ years after the child ending of OoT.

As Locke said, the Hero's Shade doesn't have the Guilded Sword or Mirror Shield from MM. They don't even look anything close to those two items. ocarinahero10 had no idea what he was talking about when he said that (or the "timeline" for that matter). Epona would also not be alive in TP. Aonuma said in an interview that TP takes place "one hundred something years after Ocarina of Time," so there's no way a horse could live that long. If anything, Epona in TP would just be a descendant of the original Epona.

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I'm not sure that I agree with you on the sending ganondorf to the arbiter's grounds because link and zelda told everyone of his plans bit. from what I can gather from Twilight Princess, Ganondorf wasn't being executed because link and zelda told everyone of his plans, If I remember correctly, because of Ganondorf's greed to Invade the sacred realm, the sages saw through his ambition, and thus made Ganondorf blind of anything that could stop him.

So yeah, Ganondorf was sentenced to be executed because the sages saw his plan through his greed, not because Link and Zelda grassed him up. Remember, this particular event took place 100 years after Ocarina of Time took place, so this would be impossible for the Ocarina of time Link and Zelda to spread the word.
Aonuma supplements that scene with his own explanation:
In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember? Twilight Princess takes place in the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years after the peace returned to kid Link's time. In the last scene of Ocarina of Time, kids Link and Zelda have a little talk, and as a consequence of that talk, their relationship with Ganon takes a whole new direction. In the middle of this game [Twilight Princess], there's a scene showing Ganon's execution. It was decided that Ganon be executed because he'd do something outrageous if they left him be. That scene takes place several years after Ocarina of Time. Ganon was sent to another world and now he wants to obtain the power...
Twilight Princess takes place a hundred-and-something years after OoT, but the execution actually takes place just shortly after OoT.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
The way I see it is that there is the ruins of the Temple of Time. This would prove relationship to Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask would go between them because Majora's Mask is the direct sequel to Ocarina of Time.

I can't agree with that because they could'nt of built the Arbiter grounds in such a short amount of time. And it didn't take Ganondorf long to find Zant, have him take over the Twilight and Invade Hyrule.

The Arbiters grounds was already there, it just wasn't shown on OOT's map. Obviously the maps change every game, like Kakariko village is at different part of Hyrule every game same with with all the major landmarks except Hyrule town which generally in the centre of Hyrule. So things can get moved around or added to the map. Plus the Arbiters grounds looks hundreds of years old in TP.

Where is your proof that the Arbiter grounds exsisted In Ocarina of Time? Actully what proof is there that says Hyrule in Twilight Princess is the same Hyrule in Ocarina of Time? Twilight Princess never had Lon Lon Ranch, Gerudo Vally/Colossus, Haunted wastland and not even the Lost woods and Kokiri forest.

You can't say its a different Hyrule because some things that were there in the past aren't 100 years in the future things change places change and races change. i don't have official proof but that seems like the logical solution. The Arbiters ground looks like its been around for some time with the destruction and the skeletons everywhere, plus everyone knows its the same Hyrule because they would have mentioned it in the story if it was different considering that would be a major thing to happen. Also their is a Gerudo Desert, a Gerudo Mesa, and most of the places in OOT are in TP Kakariko Village, Lake Hylia, Death Mountain(next to Kakariko Village like OOT), Hyrule Castle.

Last edited:

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
They could have built the Arbitur's Grounds to punish the Gerudos. It couldn't have been in Ocarina of Time because nobody knew how to navigate the desert. But it could have been built within 100 years. You'd just need enough men or magic power.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I can't agree with that because they could'nt of built the Arbiter grounds in such a short amount of time. And it didn't take Ganondorf long to find Zant, have him take over the Twilight and Invade Hyrule.

Arbiters Grounds has been around since before OoT. It was built after the Interloper War when the "dark interlopers" were sealed in the Mirror of Twilight.

Last edited:

jamezrockz98

Link rockz like me. Yay!!

Interesting Theory. I can agree with you on this one. I did notice that the Hero's Shade from TP was wearing the same clothing as the link was from MM. But then how can the Hero's Shade be the link from MM if he isn't young?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom