• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How is C.O.D Better Than LOZ

Dan

I think this is a pathetic and childish debate, I'm seen ginger monkeys make more sense than you lot, I've just been on the phone to my girlfriend in Germany and actually read some of these posts to her for the lols, she says this "oh my...what sad deranged losers, that have nothing better to do". I was all like "yeah so anyway-

Anyway, I think C.o.D and zelda should breed together and have a child. Zelda of duty. Zelda game with some hardcore gun action yehaaaa

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I think this is a pathetic and childish debate, I'm seen ginger monkeys make more sense than you lot, I've just been on the phone to my girlfriend in Germany and actually read some of these posts to her for the lols, she says this "oh my...what sad deranged losers, that have nothing better to do". I was all like "yeah so anyway-

Anyway, I think C.o.D and zelda should breed together and have a child. Zelda of duty. Zelda game with some hardcore gun action yehaaaa

ARE YOU INSANE!?!?

If they make a Zelda game with guns I will blow my own brains out.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
So if a Zelda game with guns in it comes out... you'll shoot yourself in the head with a... gun?

[video=youtube;8K358wzoN9I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K358wzoN9I[/video]

I see what you did there ;)

I'm not amused though

OFF TOPIC AGAIN!!!

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Dan you are my new enemy #1. Respect tradition. Respect others. Respect Zelda. Respect everything Shigeru Miyamoto and Nintendo have worked on. Take this seriously; as seriously as can be done on an internet fan forum about a video game franchise.

Dan

Dan you are my new enemy #1. Respect tradition. Respect others. Respect Zelda. Respect everything Shigeru Miyamoto and Nintendo have worked on. Take this seriously; as seriously as can be done on an internet fan forum about a video game franchise.

YES! I love it when I reach #1, thank you so much, Id just to thank everyone for the support I couldn't of done it without you guys, Wolf sage, thanks for telling me that sometimes to stone a crow you just need some scissors and a wire, pancake thank you for cleaning my wet beds in the morning and burning the evidence, and thank you all my other loyal friends. :)

Don't worry, IHG, I take everything seriously, and I honestly think we should not respect tradition, if we did that we would still be chasing our shadows and what not, we have to move forward, we have to move towards call of zelda. That is why I think both zelda and cod are equal and should merge!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I see what you did there ;)

I'm not amused though

tumblr_m8mk90B9EO1qlzduwo1_400.gif

EDIT!!!

Hardcore_Gamers.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
As a fan of both games I can tell you that each one panders to a specific audience and that it really doesn't matter. The cultured gamer will accept and play both games with a grin on his face and hope in his heart! Personally I enjoy Call of Duty (I play Modern Warfare 2) when I've gotten through a tough and/or long day and feel like relieving some stress by relaxing and trolling people to my heart's content. However if I'm in a more excited mood, I'll play Legend of Zelda because it allows me to explore and uncover things, something that fits the mood well. The real question is, why is this even a thread?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
OK, this thread has started probably the stupidest argument in video game history. "Is COD better than Zelda?" It's called opinion. To some people, COD is better. To others, Zelda's better. Me, well I'm stuck in the middle. I like both CoD and Zelda, because they are both two very different genres. You have First Person Shooter, and you have Adventure and Exploring. I find it extremely difficult to compare two such different games.

Graphics

If anybody else says CoD is a better series because of this, then you tell them this:

killyourselves.png

Graphics is one of the worst arguments ever to compare games. Zelda is not supposed to be realistic graphic-wise. The styles we have now fit the genre better than any other theme would. As for CoD, it pretty much needs good graphics in order to be a good game (not criticizing games like Doom, which I like. It didn't need to be realistic). CoD takes place in a war setting, so the game would suck if it were cartoony.

Gameplay

Gameplay is all about the genre. If you want a game that involves exploration and medieval-style fighting, then go Zelda. If you're looking for a realistic war-based game that involves shooting guns with realistic firing and death animations, then go CoD. Some people might not enjoy brutal death by gun scenes, so they'd probably stick with Zelda. I like the differing gameplay of the two games. I really enjoy how CoD's story revolves around war and realism, it gives players a sense of reality in gaming, something Zelda admittedly fails at.

Items and Weapons

Another stupid argument. I DO NOT think your arsenal is a valid reason to judge a game. I dislike most of the items in Zelda, does that make it a bad game? No. CoD has variety in its guns, and you can make several customizations to them, including camouflage, which is awesome. Plus, all the guns are different. You have pistols, assault rifles, machine guns, sniper rifles, even RPG's, plus more! So you can't say all the guns are the same. They are all very different.

Fanbase

Really? You're actually gonna try to argue this point? You have CoD fanboys, who think Zelda sucks. You have Zelda fanboys who think CoD sucks. Then there's people like me, who are relatively neutral. CoD and Zelda both have a pretty crazy fanbase, so... I'm just gonna end it there...

-----

In conclusion, I would just like to say I am NOT defending CoD over Zelda. You asked why CoD is better than Zelda, I merely expressed my opinions on the matter. I am a fan of both games, so I don't think one is better than the other. You also shouldn't try to make those decisions for other people. There's no such thing as a "better game" since it is all based on opinion :)

Yes we know. Fanboys are fanboys and they always will be.

I don't mind if people think that COD is better than Zelda but if they go like "OH COD IS BETTER THAN ANYTHING AND ZELDA IS FOR ***GOTS" I get a little irritated. You aren't giving me fact you're just being biased

Fanboys :mellow:

True, but Zelda can have a very similar fanbase sometimes.

Last edited:

Kirino

Tatakae
Honestly, after hearing so many things like this about my favorite series, characters, and games, I'm just learning to ignore it. If someone is really ignorant enough to say that Zelda is gay and childish, then their loss for missing out on a great franchise. This whole debate and thread is just so ridiculous, and I'm starting to realize just how petty most of these arguments really are. People are stupid. Just ignore them.

Clank

Hmm
"Because COD has guns", is my understanding of the fan base...though my stance on guns(in video games) is if they exist they need to be big(like Ratchets), but they also need to stay out of a game like Zelda, unless they are in a cannon like style...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom