• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Has Zelda Impacted Your Life?

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
It has had a HUGE impact on me. It actually did inspire me to try archery, (did it at a camp) and after playing PH I really got into Zelda and swordplay in general. Now about 90% of my life is dedicated to the impossible. Being a creative artist and all, I love to look at and think about what can never be. Ah, what I'd give to fight Ganondorf and not die...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well...to start, Zelda has been my favorite video game series since I was 3 years old. Now that I'm in high school, I've kept up with Zelda throughout the years, having played every main title since 2010. That's in a gaming matter. Within school, anytime my friends try to belittle Nintendo or Zelda, I easily get a temper flare, and it doesn't calm down until someone changes the subject. I'm not saying that Zelda is my life (I play a bit of Resident Evil, Mario, and Sonic; I play various sports [not professional or on a team] and I go to school), but it really is one of my most favorite things to talk about.

I also feel like I'm the only one in the entire world that knows anything about the Zelda series. One thing that really ticks me off is when people repeatedly call Link "Zelda", just because the title is "The Legend of Zelda".

Kybyrian

Zelda impacts my life and the life of many others quite a bit, I think. With Ocarina of Time being my first video game, my life was impacted not only in the video gaming world but otherwise as well. I'm not saying that Zelda really affects how I act throughout each day, but it affects my schedule and what I prefer to do. Since I enjoy Zelda so much, I enjoy talking about Zelda. Zelda got me addicted to vidoe games, so I absolutely love video games now. I talk about them almost every chance I get, and I love every bit of it. This is why I spend so much of my time on these forums. After being introduced to the internet, I went straight to Zelda.

Not only has Zelda affected my life on the internet, and thus my real life, but it has also affected the types of video games that I enjoy and what I play and don't play. The Zelda series fascinates me so greatly that I prefer fantasy-based games over any other. I enjoy shooters like Call of Duty and all that, sure, but fantasy games like The Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Mario always come out on top. If it weren't for Zelda, I probably would have started with some less appealing game, and my opinions would have been changed dramatically. I might be stalking a Fallout series forum right now instead of this one! I believe that, in one way or another, Zelda has impacted all of its fans' lives very much.

G

Ganondestroyer

From the moment my brother and I picked up Oracle of Ages and Seasons and i was hooked on The Legend of Zelda. I went on to beat Minish Cap and the Gameboy Advance Link to the Past. I then went on to play the Forsaken Fortress on my friend's Wind Waker and stop. Soon i got TP for the Gamecube and sold it as it was too hard and i was an idiot. I the had a 3-4 year break from zelda. I then got an old N64 from a garage sale for $5. I was amazed someone would sell it for that little. I immediately orderedOcarina of Time from Ebay and beat it with a metal spoon. I later got turned onto emulation. On my PSP i beat the first Legend of Zelda, Link's Awakening andAdventure of Link. I later ordered WW off Ebay and once again, beat it with a metal spoon. I went to my friends house one day and saw a cool looking gold n64 game. I thought to myself, is this Majora's Mask? it sure was. I plowed through the game slowly and got used to the new gameplay. It was so much different from Ocarina of Time but now it"s my new favorite game ever. Now I'm here and getting Twilight Princess for my Bday soon.
So how has Zelda changed my life over the years? it taught that beating monsters is awesome!!! it also taught me that there is a side to life where courage, and a sword and other items can change the world. I notice i take more risks, my grades fell last year because i was obsessed so much with Cap on my PSP. I started fantasizing that i was Link. I would pretend my basement was a dungeon and i would pretend shoot arrows. I'm 11 years old, and i have 3 more zelda games to play. I also have three amazing journeys left to experience, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks and Twilight Princess.

It hasn't really except occasionally when I pick something up I hold it over my head and go DA DA DA DAAAA! you got a such and such. Other than that zelda really hasn't impacted my life other than introducing me to the best game series ever.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
I think it's safe to say that Zelda has impacted my life at least somewhat significantly... It was OoT and TP that recently got me back into gaming. It has influenced my art and prompted me to practice drawing figures more. And, it's helped me make friends at college lol. On the first day of classes, I didn't know anyone, we went around the room and listed off our interests, two girls mentioned that they loved Zelda, and of course, we've been pals ever since :bleh: Also, like Kybyrian, I use it as a benchmark for other games I play. I'd say it's left more of an impression on me than most other games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom