• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask How Hard is It?

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I've started Majora's Mask (just got my Deku Mask off, that's it) and I've heard how hard it is many times. I have also heard that the beginning is the hardest part. Which one of these are true? How difficult is Majora's Mask? Please discuss.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Honestly, I think the thing that makes Majora's Mask difficult is the lack of direction. Especially on the first 3-day sequence can be difficult if you don't know what you're doing. Unless you have played the game before or quickly recognize what must be done, you might need to use the guide on here.

Now, in terms of combat and puzzles, its a bit harder than OoT. The game was clearly designed for OoT veterans by having some similar puzzles at a higher difficulty. Bosses are kinda average, save for one. The hardest part is figuring out how to get to the dungeons, but besides that, it isn't thatt bad.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
The beginning is absolutely not the hardest, even if you are still learning how the 3-day cycle works in the game. Everyone should know: the time in Majora's Mask is far more important than time in other Zelda games. The dungeons are harder than OOT ones, but some sidequests are really hard, like Town/Swamp Shooting Galleries - a lot harder than Gerudo's Horseback Archery from OOT.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Well, I found Majora's Mask a little bit challenging, but not too bad. The only hard part about the game is that you have to keep an eye on your timer; it is the most important thing that can lead to frustrations if you aren't careful.

It's not that the game is bad, you just need a bit of paitence, and pay attention to the time limit and take some time and paitence to enjoy the game than being frustraited.

If you know a few song secret's then it is a lot eaiser than you think.
=]

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Okay, as I can see, the timer is going to be a moderately large problem for me... ah well, I know how to slow time anyway. (vA>vA>)
Thx for the advice so far everyone!

That song to slow down time is essential! It really does help haha. Majoras Mask can be challenging at times, but other times it can be straight forward. First time playing through that game i need to use the walk through at times from the 3rd dungeon. Second run through it was a lot easier though hehe.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Okay, here's a question that will tell me EVERYTHING: Is it easier or harder than A Link to the Past. This will answer my question, because ALttP has brought me so much frustration that I almost hate the game because of it, despite how great of a game it is.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Recently, I did a 100% walkthrough of A Link To The Past and BS Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets. You should tell me, why do you hate ALttP? Comparing this to Majora's Mask, in my opinion A Link to the Past is easier. But this game also have few difficult sidequests (but Majora's Mask have more), like Dark World Treasure Field game (although I heard that the difficulty of this minigame has been lowered in GBA version, becuase you can try digging for Piece of Heart again without leaving current screen and erasing already dug holes).

I feel ALTTP is harder than Majoras Mask, though ALTTP truly is not that hard. Younger gamers have just grown accustomed to very guided games and aren't used to the still guided style of ALTTP.

Anyways, the first time I played Majoras Mask I found it very difficult, though that may have been because I was 9. Just manage your time well, pay attention to highlighted words in text boxes, and if you're confused in a dungeon, take a minute to stop, look at the map, and think about what you ned to do, where you need to go, and what you might need to do so.

Also, bring a fairy or two when you fight the third boss for the first time.

Kybyrian

I'd say that Majora's Mask is of average difficulty. It's not a really hard game, but it's definitely far from being too easy. It also really depends on how much you strayed from the main part of the game and went with the sidequests. The sidequests each had their own variation in difficulty and were a great part of the game, and the main story was probably easier than a lot of the sidequests. The main challenge in the game was the time limit of 3 days. It could be annoying when you had to go back in time and recollect rupees, arrows, and all of that. It also meant that you had to complete some parts before your time ran out or you would have to start over, so for the slower working players it could have been even more difficult. It really depends on what kind of player you are, but I measure it to be of average difficulty.

MM problem = time...it is really frustrating to get trough the same over and over again even when you slowed down time (great bay temple anyone?)...I'm actually in Ikana village right now and this is the first time I played it...I had to use sometimes walktroughs on the game but only because it would frustrate me two go trough a dungeon twice or more...but it isn't really about how hard it is, you will have lots of fun with it n.n ...

and frustration...:lol:

MrLuigi

Theorist
It gets easier dungeon-after-dungeon, meaning you'll get used to the time cycle.. The side quests though tend to get harder.

Last edited:
i think getting use to the 3 day time cycle is what bothers new players, but after you get past that its alot easier than you think. after the first dungeon it gets a lot harder as in enemies and puzzles and feeling rushed to do it all in that time limit. but after the first playthrough its one of those games where you beat it once and you know what's what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom