• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors How hard do you find Age of Calamity to be?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Age of Calamity offers easy, normal and hard when it comes to difficulty levels. What difficulty level did you pick? And do you think the game offers you a good challenge based on that difficulty?

I'm playing on hard because in my innocent thoughts, I thought musou games would be a cakewalk, so I figured that hard would be fitting, but my lord, this game has bite!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I did the demo on normal and it was hardly a challenge at all, so I'm playing on hard now. It's a step up, still not super challenging, but it took more than 5 minutes just to fight one of the bosses on very hard which sucked the fun out of it. So hard it is for me.

Robbie fan club
Full disclosure, I did grind Link, Impa, and Zelda to level 20 with the demo and get them pretty high level weapons.

Playing on hard so far and I'm not finding it too bad yet, defs had a few close calls though. I'm finding battles against other characters especially, a lot of the time I'm making it out with just a heart or two left. Still, so far it's not as difficult as the first HW just yet.

Yeah, this is game is very easy so far. I'm not sure if hard mode is a good idea, for all I know that's assuming level like 50 or something. I don't want to be sitting here drubbing one monster for five minutes just 'cause it's got a million health, that's not difficulty, that's just tedium. I guess the only thing that's difficult is the perfect dodge window with no modifications, I swear it's like 1 frame.

Quin

Disaster Master
I rushed the story on normal, and I did feel a bit underpowered, like enemies took too long to kill, maybe thats just the nature of the game, or you are expected to do a lot of the boring side missions. My link was always 1 level or 2 below the recommended level, but I did keep the Master Sword power pretty up to date.
But no, it wasn't hard, but the enemies felt a bit too much like damage sponges.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I always felt sufficiently challenged in normal mode, especially in some of the side missions. The story was definitely more challenging than the first HW game, especially some of the later missions when things got totally nuts. But I never found it too hard or tedious, it was always very satisfying for the most part.

Except for the no-hit missions. That's the only bad thing from HW they carried over. No one likes those, Koei.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I’ve been playing on hard mode. A few missions and I’ve had a few close calls and battles last a bit longer, but that’s about it. First few missions on the demo were a bit easy, so I changed it.

Welp, I just got the mission Echoing footsteps and my god, the difficulty Spike was something else.

Freaking fighting so many strong enemies at once with hundreds of enemies coming at you at the same time.

Holy moly :gno:

normal mode felt like easy mode so i switched to hard mode and it got kinda difficult sometimes but i feel like for all the wrong reasons. like enemies attacking you from off camera and taking 5 hearts at a time that kind of BS. when the game is being fair it’s a good challenge if you don’t use an OP character. kinda cheated the last chapter and just used link who feels kinda OP lol

Ninja

Well well well
Wasn't terribly hard. I played on Normal, was the perfect balance especially during the Chapter 6 difficulty spike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom