• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Think the Skyward Sword Evolves into the Master Sword???

K

kvdse

how do you think the skyward sword evolves into the master sword???

Rinku

Suupa Saiya-jin
I believe Nintendo said that u forge it along the way to your quests

At start i think u might get some minor upgrades(hilt or blade advancing, some beauties here and there)
but as a final step I think the Sages are formed and they give the final touch along with Phi(the power to repel Evil)

MY thoughts though nothing more :)

David

But you called me here...
What...? The Skyward Sword is Evolving!

*flashes and shrinks and grows back and forth rapidly*

*Musical fanfare plays*

Congratulations! The Skyward Sword evolved into the Master Sword!

*Ahem*

Anyway, as its been stated before, Link will end up "Forging" the Master Sword in a sense. What that exactly means though, I am uncertain. It might be like the upgrade system that we've heard about, or it could be some other means of "Forging". Anyway, that's my thought.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
I had an exclusive meeting with a Nintendo representative (named Dan M(he asked me not to reveal his name, so an initial will have to do)).
He told me some limited-access details to this exact question, as well as a few more.

The way I understand it, it'll be somewhere right after the third dungeon boss. You'll be traveling through a field as you are on your way to what you think is the next dungeon (or some other goal(? this part wasn't too clear)). Suddenly, a wild Scorpion will appear. I'll look just like the other Scorpion (that we've seen the demo play of), and in fact in all aspects (except the very next one I'll explain) it is. The only difference is, it's the only enemy to appear in this patch of grass, because it's a holy place. Upon defeating it using the Skyward Sword (it's somehow immune to all other weapons, or you will have to come back and use the sword to kill it again, or something like that), as soon as the battle's over, you'll hear some music like "duu-du duu-du duu-du-duu-doo duu-du duu-du duu-du-duu-doo duu-du-....". The sword will start flashing, it will emit a light turning the entire surrounding area pure white as it gather's the power to repel evil from the sacred place around itself, while itself somehow turns black. It will then begin flashing between the Skyward Sword (or the shape of what it looks like), and the shape of the master sword. This flashing will get faster and faster, until finally it immediately stops on the Master Sword. All of the light will flow into it, and presto! You will have your new sword.

Unfortunately, because of the magics of the Skyward Sword, it had to evolve to hold the power to repel darkness, which means that now enemies will immediately swarm this place, giving you an immediate challenge with the motion plus controls for your new sword. However, the downside is that now Phi cannot reside her spirit in your sword, and a large part of the storyline afterwards is trying to find her, or find out what happened to her.

Okay, that's all I know and can tell you. Please let me know immediately after you have read this so I can delete this. No need letting Nintendo know I'm leaking secrets.... :dry:

Last edited:

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
^I'm not believing this, at all. Oh wait, another Pokemon parody. Should have seen it.

You forge the Skyward Sword along your quest.

Beeker

Wild Card
Well, there is an upgrade system involved in the game, and you upgrade quite a few of your items along the way, so I think it's safe to say the Skyward Sword will be one of them. It's also been said it will be forged. Maybe it'll be forged like in a way similar to Minish Cap, where after each dungeon it would be upgraded as a stronger blade.

P

Pipo

That Phi character will either die and leave some magic stone behind or she'll give to you something along the way and then you'll finish forging it.

I think it will evolve gradually, with some "upgrades" acquired in the main quest. Make some stuff and have the reach increased (the reach of the MS in the 2010 is quite big), some other dungeon and have the damage increased, then the beam strike...and so forth. I think it would fit perfectly in the concept of the game, get used to the motion controls with a regular sword, then have the upgrade and feel the "physical" difference of it, reaching a more deep level of power up gratification.

Last edited:
Varnung: Far-fetched theory ahead:

I wonder will Link meet the sages along the way, but at different times, and each one will add power(?) to the sword each time...along with the conventional upgrade method (by means of collecting things and such) as is popularly proposed. :yes:

But, evidence (so far) suggests that Link will forge the Master Sword using the upgrade method; the sages (and Phi) will, then, collectively grant powers and the ability to repel evil to it in one big bang...

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
It will probably be like when you were restoring the Master Sword in Wind Waker. A possible theory is that you will defeat enemies (bosses) and the Skyward Sword will gain power and eventual become the Master Sword.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
As you see in some pictures and trailers Link has what looks very similar to the Master Sword.

That was back when the Skyward Sword had the same design as the Master Sword. But we still will get the Master Sword eventually.

I think it will evolve gradually, with some "upgrades" acquired in the main quest. Make some stuff and have the reach increased (the reach of the MS in the 2010 is quite), some other dungeon and have the damage increased, then the beam strike...and so forth. I think it would fit perfectly in the concept of the game, get used to the motion controls with a regular sword, then have the upgrade and feel the "physical" difference of it, reaching a more deep level of power up gratification.

I like this idea in the sense that maybe we'll get some minor damage ratio enhancements to the blade. As in, maybe we'll get upgrades that slightly cause more damage, or something. That'd be pretty cool.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Well, from the NP interview of SS, I read that Link sorta forges the MS along the way. So maybe we wont get the MS in one instant change? Perhaps some multiple changes of looks and powers/abilities will happen to the SS until it's the MS. Of course, with the SS gradually changing, does that mean Phi will change too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom