• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you sit?

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
When you're sitting down, how do you normally sit? Like, do you cross your legs or not? I sorta half-cross them like so:
tumblr_nn31gzYwJ61r5w5dlo2_250.jpg
It's the most comfortable way for me to sit, honestly. What about the rest of you?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I either sit on my feet or sit with my legs stretched out, usually with my knees bent but not always. I find sitting cross-legged extremely uncomfortable. The way I sit annoys a lot of people for some reason though.

The problem with sitting on my feet though is that if I do it for a long time, my feet fall asleep and then it feels really weird to walk.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I sit with my feet touching the floor now so that I can tap my feet, or with my feet on some sort of crossbar of a chair if available. If it's not in a chair, then I sit in a variety of ways. Sometimes my legs are crossed, or butterfly position, and then other times they're spread out. Just sort of depends.

When I was younger, I used to sit on my feet on a hardwood chair all the time. It got to the point where my feet actually had a hard callous on top of them near the ankle, and I only just recently gotten rid of those. They were both beneficial and not all at once.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Either half crossed or on one leg.

On the floor butterfly while leaning back with my hands on the floor.

I've been sitting crisscrossed (Indian Style) a lot lately, actually. I'm doing it so much that I'm actually rubbing the skin off of the top and outer sides of my feet. Since the cushion of the chair that I'm sitting on while on the computer is made of some sort of vinyl, and I'm usually sitting on my feet--and they're barefoot... yeah, it's not a good mix. I think this issue actually started from when I was playing Mariokart 8 for long periods of time--and the couch in the basement is leather, so same issue there--because I've been sitting crisscrossed for years and haven't had this problem. I also sit this way in the rocking chair a lot, though that is covered in fabric, so my feet don't suffer for that so much. My ankles do, though. Since I'm sitting on them for hours at a time, while bend inward--and since I oftentimes end up falling asleep--they hurt like hell afterward.

Outside of those three places, I don't think there's a particular sitting style I use. I kind of just sit however I'm comfortable with in the moment. Though I have noticed I sit on my left foot a lot. Not sure why.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I also usually sit crisscrossed, whether it's on my couch, computer chair, or the floor.

At work or in a class room setting, I sit with my back straight and both feet on the ground.

Will sit to pretty much any comfortable position... But then again my back is hunched, and bent soooo.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I cross my legs, even if I'm in pants. Just gotten used to it, plus I like that my leg becomes like a mini desk. I'm all about efficiency.

Salem

SICK
I cross my legs so hard like several times over, they actually get tangled up somehow....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom