• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you choose your avatar?

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I usually pick my avatar based on something I'm into at the time. Sometimes I pick it based on a character that I connect with in some way. Right now I have a :cool: Link holding a guitar with the Dark Side of the Moon album in the background. ^^ This is my avatar because of my username and the fact that I love both Pink Floyd and Zelda. (if it wasn't obvious enough already)

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I've switched between two avatars for as far back as I can remember. I use the animated Mega Man, and I use the Flute Boy sprite image from A Link to the Past. Two of my favorite characters from my childhood.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Usually it's just stuff I like, or stuff that's going on (ie that Alan Rickman one I had for around a month). My first avatar was a picture of a deku nut - I'll give you two guesses where that one came from.

My current one is a mix of a few things. He's from one of my favorite comic series of all time (Sonic Archie), looks awesome, and all that good stuff. But he also has a personality similar to how I picture myself in my head. Not only that, but I question good and evil a lot for being an agnostic, and using him instead of Sonic kind of symbolizes it. I know they were far from the first ones to use the conversation (The Dark Knight did it much better), but their version of the exchange left the biggest impact on me, probably because it was the first time I'd heard it:
Scourge: "As for you... I know why you hate me... it's that all it takes is one bad day, and you'd be just like me."
Sonic: "No, that's not it, Scourge. It's because all it would take is a little bit of selflessness... a little bit of decency... and you'd be just like me."

So, overall, this one has a lot of inner meaning for me, compared to the more shallow ones I'd taken up before.

... whoa, that started to get a little deep there. We need to lighten this up some.
http://cheezburger.com/7377156608
AWWWW

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I prefer using an avatar with a real image of myself. This is the one picture of myself in uniform that I'm really fond of, so I tend to use it for what limited social media nonsense I participate in.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
This is only the second avatar I've used here and obviously it's of Saria. My first avatar I had for nearly three years was a drawing someone did imagining Saria as an adult. I changed to this because I wanted to keep Saria because she's my favourite character in Zelda. It has no meaning beyond that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom