• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda How Difficult Do You Like Your Zelda Games?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Yes, I agree. Modern Zelda games have been substantially easier than most of the older Zelda games, so an enhance in difficulty would certainly be welcome for me.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I love the Zelda games to be brutally difficulty regarding combat (at the very least ALttP level) and puzzles much the same (the hardest I've seen in puzzles in Zelda is Oracle of Ages). I really hate playing a core game that is incredibly easy. Leave easiness for the party/casual titles IMO. :I

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Hmmm...harder than they are now, but not as hard as the original four titles. Some side challenge is nice, but when you have too much challenge in the main quest, it becomes a pain in the *** to repeat and not really fun anymore.

DarkLink17

Well then
When it comes to bosses, the more challenging and complex, the better. Puzzles though, are a completely different story. I like them easy to moderate level so I don't have to break so many controllers out of frustration.

DarkestLink

I should add though, that I think puzzles should be where the real difficulty is. It provides a nice challenging without being a pain in the *** on later playthroughs.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I should add though, that I think puzzles should be where the real difficulty is. It provides a nice challenging without being a pain in the *** on later playthroughs.

I leled. Once you learn puzzles once, they aren't challenging for playthroughs afterwards unless you space playthroughs out like by months. Combat though, it can be challeneging whether you're a master or not. :I But, that's how you play so I won't bother you. :) :I

jack546

The chosen one
I like the difficulties of Ocarina of time and Twilight princess. I like a game where the first few temples are incredibly easy with the next temples being increasingly difficult with that one dungeon that is extremely difficult.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
I honestly don't care. I like a challenge, I'll take it and I like that feeling of accomplishment when you finally achieve something that was really hard. But I also like to just sit back, breeze through a game and just enjoy it without being stopped and frustrated by difficult puzzles or insanely hard enemies.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Honestly I don't care as long as it is not difficulty due to controls and its difficulty due to either my inexperience or genuine difficult like "bullet hell shooters", or its just fun to mess around with

DarkestLink

I leled. Once you learn puzzles once, they aren't challenging for playthroughs afterwards unless you space playthroughs out like by months. Combat though, it can be challeneging whether you're a master or not. :I But, that's how you play so I won't bother you. :) :I

When it comes to challenge in Zelda, I remove combat from the equation. It's not gonna happen. When I think of non-puzzle challenge in Zelda, I think of things like the Goron Dance in OoA. Who looks forward to that on their next playthrough?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
When it comes to challenge in Zelda, I remove combat from the equation. It's not gonna happen. When I think of non-puzzle challenge in Zelda, I think of things like the Goron Dance in OoA. Who looks forward to that on their next playthrough?

Have you completed any of the older games? Because their combat is undeniably harder than modern Zelda's sorry excuse for difficulty. And that's just on a base level. A minimalist Oracles run is undeniably harder than a regular Oracles run.

The Goron Dance isn't too hard, either. I got it on my first try. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom