• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Did You Like the Harp?

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
would have been better if you PLAYED the harp rather than just strummed it. Plus the songs you play aren't that good

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
It was terrible, in every respect.

I have no issue with the motion+ whatsoever, except with the harp. I actually got worse at it as the game went on. While I had slight troubles every now and then with the swordplay, it was easy to just recalibrate. The harp was always bad. It might just be me and a few others, but I found it almost unusable - and I'm not the only one. I haven't finished SS 100% because of it, due to the heart pieces. Call me unco, but it's true.

The songs were also particularly boring. I honestly can't remember any of them, and paid little to no interest. There was a poor interactive experience for the songs. Even the Howling Stones gave us some kind of interactivity. Yet SS' songs are supposed to be a major plot element and I basically play them all in the same way.

I was also sad to find that the songs were nothing more than collectibles, things that acted as a trigger for the story to progress. In games like MM and WW, different songs could be played to give real effects such as altering the time and the direction of wind. SS gave us nothing of that.

Overall, to say that the harp felt out of place is an understatement. After 10 minutes of fascination, it just didn't feel like it belonged at all.

tricky to use, boring to play. would have been nice if nintendo let us play some of the songs when we wanted & more often than once

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The harp could have been so excellent if they had done more with it. I liked the Hapr but that was it though. It was a bit awkward and I can't shake the feeling they could have done more with it

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I thought the harp was great. I admit that it could have been better, but all in all I thought the concept of strumming the harp was pretty cool. I also like how playing the harp activated the Gossip Stones and Goddess Walls, as well as it's ability to activate important game events.

M

MrBob5647

I harp was ok to be in Skyward Sword but it was weird of how you have to play the song. Then hey you got to learn New stuff to the TLOZ series

I hated the harp. I was giving no inputs on playing anything/picking what notes you play; your not playing music. You are just waving your arm around like in wii music. Also the songs played withe it are just random and fairly quality-less.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
While the songs themselves provide for some pretty magical moments throughout the latter part of the game, the actual process of playing the harp is a total bust. A part of the problem, too, is that it doesn't feel very integral to the overall experience. It's just kind of a throwaway item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom