• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Did Link Travel to Termina?

• Thread starter EagleOfTriforce
  • Start date
E

EagleOfTriforce

:)How did Link travel to Termina? He traveled to Termina a split version of Hyrule on a horse.
but if there is any logic Termina is on a different denominational plain than Hyrule, so how did he get there with Epona?
please post your ideas on this thread

Last edited by a moderator:

onilink17

onilink17
This is a good question my theory is that after being attacked by skull kid, majoras mask switched the dimension to screw with link but i can't say for sure.

R

Rodmaster 2000

I think Link stayed with Epona and went to Termina

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
He entered through a portal hidden deep within the Lost Woods. The Skull Kid for some reason decided to lead him there (maybe because he found something familiar with him :rolleyes:).

Z

Zora_Waterfall

This is a good question my theory is that after being attacked by skull kid, majoras mask switched the dimension to screw with link but i can't say for sure.

How did he get back then? I think the bottom of the clock tower worked as a kind of portal, though I've no idea how Link got through it at the end since it's closed for most of the game.

Ice Sage

these are words
The Weeping Angels got him.

He probably found some sort of portal or crack in reality which transported him to an alternate world. The official zelda website states that when Hyrule was created the magic the goddesses used to create it slipped through the cracks in space and created thousands of alternate worlds. One of which is Termina. I'm not sure if he even got back.

W

weimaj

that is the funniest idea ever.

as for me i agree with the Portal in Lost Woods theory as he clearly started in the woods, and *SPOILERS* after you beat the game, doesn't it have musical instruments playing Saria's Song ?

@TheBlueReptile
But doesn't Link fall down a hole, then goes to the side a little bit and then goes back up? Also, Link comes up to the middle of Termina. So, Termina can not be just a different continent. Oh, sorry. I just saw the part where you said "Of course, I've only played MM through once before, so I may have missed something." Sorry.

yeah, he falls down a large hole, and then goes through a hallway, gets transformed somewhere in the process and eventually pops out in the middle of Clocktown. This is my proof that it's an alternate world and not just another continent. Only once have I actually traveled to another continent entirely and ended up in the exact center without having to cross its borders. Of course... Rum was involved and when I came to I was naked... but I digress... Typically one does not travel to another continent by springing up in the center of the town unless some type of magical travel is involved.

Well yeah, but neither Hyrule nor Termina are particularly large lands. Especially not continents. Plus, we don't know how long Link was travelling for before the events of MM

I'm not convinced it is another universe or dimension. The re-occurring character likenesses are explained by a low budget and lazy builders (they used the exact same engine as OoT for crying out loud XD ).

He couldn't be traveling too long... He was in the woods and to get deep enough in the woods to get lost would only take a few days, if that. And it's explained, both in manual and by Aonuma, that Termina is a "parallel world" to Hyrule. Just because they used the same engine doesn't mean they couldn't make a reason for it. They did add some characters in there too.
As for the size of the land in each game, you can have that due to restrictions and constraints on the game design capabilities of the era. Small distance to us but in reality it could have been much larger. Video game logic and real life logic hardly have any kind of usable similarities, especially when you add magic into the mix... Link did fall and walk through a portal though, of that I'm sure of. How else would he go from deep in the Lost Woods to the middle of Clocktown and there not be a single tree around him for quite some time outside of the town? When it comes down to it the only good and logical explanation is magic.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
The Hero of Time arrives in Termina by means of some inter-dimensional rift that he stumbles upon, à la Through the Looking Glass. It is stated in the MM manual that Termina is an alternate reality parallel to Hyrule; the Hero of Time merely stumbles across the portal and goes straight in.
There are two areas where the portal is located, one in Termina, and one in Hyrule; the entrance in Hyrule is located somewhere within the Lost Woods, while the entrance in Termina is inside the Clock Tower. The game does not state whether the portal lasted for much longer than the Hero of Time was in it. I would wager that the portal did not exist much longer before or after the Hero of Time passed through it, because there would have been mention of it by other characters if it had been discovered. The only characters known to have passed through the portal are the Hero of Time, the Happy Mask Salesman, and arguably, Skull Kid. The Happy Mask Salesman also mentions that the portal closes at the end of the 3rd Day, implying that Termina and Hyrule would be separate again forever.

The Happy Mask Salesman also mentions that the portal closes at the end of the 3rd Day, implying that Termina and Hyrule would be separate again forever.
When does he say that? Could you give the textdump, please? I can't remember that part.

Also, the alternate dimension is created by Majora/MM/skullkid (the power of the mask). The mask salesman would not have known that termina's portals would close on day 3 if it wasn't already a legend of that mask. Link got out of the dimension when he got the mask back to the salesman in which he then got them both out. The salesman is the same salesman from OoT and not an alternate salesman. The skullkid is one of the same skull kids from OoT as well and not some alternate from Termina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom