• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess How Bout Them Twilis?

Can twilis survive in light?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
They were a one time show, which is kinda sad. So there's a lot of different views about them. The biggest debate is whether or not they can survive in the world of light, which is the reason for the poll. Some people point to Midna almost dying after the Lakebed Temple, and say they can't, because that was the first time she was in light outside of Link's shadow. I say Zant's attack is what hurt her, and that they can survive in light. Or else how would Zant run around so freely without having to be in a shadow?

You can debate that here if you want. Also I wanted to share my views on them, what they normally look like and etc. Using Zant and Midna's true form as references, I say they'd be similar to hylians, with pale skin(with darker markings) and pupiless eyes. If you look at animals that live in dark places, their eyes don't have pupils, so that makes sense. And of course, they can use magic. I'll finish this off by saying that the Twilight Palace twilis looked like aliens because they were still halfway cursed. I guess Zant's evil magic was still lingering in the place enough to not make the curse wear all the way off right away...so they were a mix between the shadow beasts they were turned into and their true selves. Could explain why they didnt talk too, but I wish they did. It would be a perfect opportunity to find out more about them.

One more thing: who else feels sorry for the shadow beasts you have to kill to open portals, now that you know they're twilis? Zant...you son of a female dog. It's NOT okay to turn members of your own kind into mindless monsters so they can be killed.

Big Octo

=^)
I'd like to say that the Twili as seen in the Twlilight Palace were pure of corruption. Their strange appearance is not supporting the notion that they might still be overtaken by shadow, rather, just as they look. If anything, Midna and Zant would look strange among them, as there are only two of them and many others.

P

pascalius4

They can survive remember at the west bridge when it broke down the shadow guys appeared and it wasn't twilight. :triforce:

Dragoncat

They can survive remember at the west bridge when it broke down the shadow guys appeared and it wasn't twilight. :triforce:
And in the desert...I think there might still be more times like that. Not a good argument though, people can say they gained that ability when they were turned into shadow beasts, and the typical twili shrivels up and dies in light. I still think they can live in light, that's just...not the best proof.

Big Octo: So, what would make Midna and Zant look different from the average twili?

ZeldaFAYZ6251

Twilight Princess Lover
I think so because when you turn into a wolf when you get the Shadow Crystal, Midna seems perfectly fine. Also doesn't the light in the Sols turn the Twilil back into normal? And also when your going into Lanayru Province and they take away the bridge, don't Shadow Beasts show up. But I have
to admit it really depends what time you get there. I usually get there at dusk. But you can get there at any time and it always seems to be the same. And also in the desert and other places like Upper Zora River.

Maybe because, first of all Midna is the Twilight Princess. She is more powerful then the others , making her different. Zant on the other hand may have been her right hand man or soothing or she landed him her power. That is
something I am not 100% sure.

Last edited:

Dragoncat

Maybe because, first of all Midna is the Twilight Princess. She is more powerful then the others , making her different.
Yes, but none of the other races have leaders that look drastically different from the rest. The leaders might have fancy clothes/whatever, but you can still tell what they are. Put Midna's true form next to one of the Twilight Palace twilis, and they'd look like completely different species.

Remember, the Twili were sent to the Twilight Realm. So they originated in the Light World anyway. They probably could survive in the Light Realm after a little re-adjusting.

hylianordonlink

The Hero Of Ordon
Zany has power from(small spoiler) ganon or I think so so he can survive in the light and sangs attack WAS EXPOSING MIDNA TO LIGHT! But there is something else... before a place is turned into twilight the light spirits are attacked by twilight creatures so they must be able to survive in light or there would be no twilight anywhere.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Zant had the power to survive in light and Midna was never in her true form in the light world apart from when she was given power by Zelda!

So i think No because if Midna cant exist then the rest of the Twili cant exist either and in the game it stated that in the Twilight Realm that people turn into spirits and in the light world the Twili turn into shadows which seems pretty legit.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I don't think they can...

Im pretty sure (though I may be making it up) Midna said something about this which is why she always hides as Link's Shadow until they enter Twilight.
Then when Zant confronts Link at Lake Hylia, he turns it into twilight and Midna comes out so he attacks her thus enters Midna's Lament/Desperate Hour.
If you watch the video of this confrontation (Zant Confronts Link and Midna (Twilight Princess) - YouTube) you see that all Zant does is remove the Twilight, and Lanayru comes up. The light is what hurts Midna.

Then you bring her to Zelda, Zelda blesses her, now she can survive in light. But she still hides in Link's shadow for some reason which i forget

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom