• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Are You Usually Introduced To Anime?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I apologize if there is a similar and recent thread. I looked but could not find one.

How are you typically introduced to anime? What I mean by that is, how do you find new anime shows to watch? For me, I either hear about them from other people or see previews/commercials for them. This is how I got into Durarara!!. Then, there's the less often circumstance in which I happen to spot a title that catches my interest. That's how I got into Hyouka. There's also the even rarer way for me to get into a new anime; the soundtrack (this can include the OST and the opening/ending themes). I got into Fairy Tail because I listened to the main theme from the soundtrack and loved it, and I got into Sword Art Online because I watched the opening. Finally, we come to the rarest way; I see one of the female characters and decide to watch the anime because I think she's cute. That's how I got into Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens; because I thought the character Zange was cute. xD

What about the rest of you? What are the ways you get introduced to anime shows?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, most of my friend's online love anime. Like, just, adore it. So I usually get demanded to watch a certain anime. I know sometimes we used to go on Skype and watch the same episode together, on microphones and webcams sometimes, and I enjoy that! But, I don't really watch it in my spare time.

But always on recommendations, yeah.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Typically I'll ask for a good-length series and watch it usually over the course of a week or two. Alas, I approach new things with a certain criteria, so if it doesn't fit with my preferences then I move on to another.

When all else fails, I look the details up on my own.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I typicly ask a person if theve seen any good anime lately and if its someone I trust with anime I watch it almost right. If its some one I dont know well in terms of tast I research the concept.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I usually find anime by looking at forums of anime that people are into. Most of the time I just you [Az], other times I look at the recommendations on MyAnimeList.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't typically watch anime. If I do, it was a recommendation from friends, and I might watch one episode. I'm just not much of an anime fan, personally.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Usually a mate recommends an anime (as you did with SAO, Az). I don't go searching for anime as, speaking honestly, I cannot spend a lot of time WATCHING. That's not a whole lot of doing for me, meaning that I'm terribly impatient. :)

Anyway, there's the very rare chance that I see an anime that catches me interest (e.g InuYasha The Final Act; I had watched InuYasha long before TFA released and didn't even know TFA existed til like a yera ago).

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Usually I hear about the anime online first, but don't actually go and watch it before I hear about it from offline friends. This applied to Death Note and, next on my list, Black Butler.

As for Dragon Ball Z, I heard about it offline first, but really didn't get into it until I started hearing a lot about it online. So it depends for me. I usually just have to hear about it from multiple different sources.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
For me, there are three methods:

Method One: I see people online talk about it, or people recommend it to me.

Two: I randomly come across it, and it looks interesting so I watch at least one episode and decide whether I want to keep watching or not.

Three: I deliberately search for something to watch out of complete boredom.

The third one is the one that's most likely to happen for me.

Dan

The usual way, first I'm greeted by the most foul smell one can imagine, shortly followed by some cosplayers telling me how amazing said anime is, which usually ends with me telling them how great a shower is. The sad part is, this is actually true.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Via suggestions on Netflix, or trailers included in the DVD collections of anime I've already picked out. I don't have a lot of tolerance for anime, since most of what I try to watch falls into the category of uninteresting art, uninteresting plot, or just bonkers ********.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom