• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Are So Many People Finishing Skyward Sword So Fast?

S

Sarinilli

I'm actually somewhat sad to see how few hours people are beating the game in...and sad to think that I might be closing in on the final runs...
My time is around 42-43 hours and I just got the third flame. I've been looking around and searching for things a LOT though.

N

notnedflanders

Wow, maybe I just don't like to rush things, but I clocked in at almost exactly 70 hours when I finished. Before you jump to the conclusion that I suck, I very rarely died, and I didn't find any of the puzzles abnormally difficult. I just took my time, I looked in every corner, collected every Gratitude Crystal, got most of the heart pieces, played all the mini-games to exhaustion, collected every upgrade, bug hunted forever, and just simply "lingered," for lack of a better word. It was refreshing, after finishing my previous Video Game experience (Uncharted 3) in a mere 10 hours. Blech.

O

oscarillin

Well i usually the type to side quest alot so im like i think 30 hours in but im up to the song of the hero. right after meeting zelda in the past

Well, I beat it and collected everything in Hero Mode; knowing everything to do it took me about 35 to 40 hours. In total i played about 85 hours though; I really went crazy with the exploring and so forth on Normal (I had a good 40 hours in the first week). Kinda went crazy there, but it was awesome; I had withdraw. This was also between work and school, so go figure.

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
I think my first playthrough was a little over 60 hours. Now I'm on my second playthrough (no hero mode yet!) and I am about to fight the Imprisoned for the second time, and I'm at about 26 hours. I've been able to do things and find things a lot faster this time around. Feels good to remember where things are and be better at things now.

Deeds

no text
I've taken playing slowly, I hate to rush, I'm doing every SideQuest as it opens up and getting all the gratitude crystals. It doesn't matter how fast you complete it, as long as you like it.

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
Are we talking about 100%? that would make a big difference i bet. I just just got to the final battle JUST and i got off because my mom told me. Tomorrow i will beat it. My (near) 100% play through will probably be 51 hours. pretty good huh? I got the game the day it was released so it took me, HOLY CRAP! EXACTLY A month! this is crazy! 51 hours divided by 30.... never mind. not equal i bet.
P.S. The only reason it is not 100% is that i didnt get the last 4 heart pieces. but they were mostly minigames.....

J

juliamoon

thats how I am, i have to explore every last thing, find all the goddess stones, collect all the bugs and treasures I can find, upgrade all my items, leave no stone unturned until I have completed the game 100 percent on my own. I think it makes the game more fun to linger instead of racing towards a clock.

thats how I am, i have to explore every last thing, find all the goddess stones, collect all the bugs and treasures I can find, upgrade all my items, leave no stone unturned until I have completed the game 100 percent on my own. I think it makes the game more fun to linger instead of racing towards a clock.

Personally I think gamers and especially Zelda fans when playing any title besides Zelda needs to experience a game and not just play it. I remember making the same mistakes with rushing through OOT and KHII several years ago and by doing that I missed a lot of stuff, features, and content. I use to think OOT was low on side quests based off just playing the game and I finished KHII in just 25 hours when there was so much more in the game like a bunch of side quests and world revisits.That's what I think a few reviewers and some fans were doing with SS or other games that is not a super hyped title like Halo and that's why its important to experience a game rather then just playing it.

I echo a lot of others here in that I take my sweet time playing these games. I enjoy it so much that I want to drag it out. I go for 100% completion before I even go to the end of the game. Often times, if I get an item in a dungeon I will leave the dungeon to go use the item in places I saw that you could use it earlier in the game just in case there is a heart container piece or something that will help with the upcoming end boss. I avoid walk-throughs so I think that drags out the time substantially. When I complete an area I literally go talk to everyone just to see if they say something different. I also max out my items every time in preparation for the next area. Once I activate a new mini-game I will play it until I have won every item you can get.

Also, I don't play everyday since I have a wife, a kid, and I am in the middle of moving so sometimes I go play the game just to mess around for an hour if it opens up in my hectic schedule combing over areas that I am pretty sure I am completely done with just to see if I missed something. I literally have logged in 80 hours and I haven't even reached the silent realm at Eldin yet.

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
I can almost get my copy because it is almost Christmas.Also to answer your question,It might be that for some its easy and for some its hard or they just take regular breaks.

D

darksoulrosario

playing non stop , it only took me 36 hours to beat the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom