• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Are So Many People Finishing Skyward Sword So Fast?

GoldenGengle64

A v ^ A v ^
They're excitement is carrying them through the game at an incredible rate. While I prefer to take it slow, they're playing it incessantly, whenever the chance presents itself. I don't blame them. Skyward Sword is the most amazing game out in years. From what I hear, the end is very worth watching. So that's probably their biggest motivation--seeing how Hyrule will end up.

The excitement is a motivator, but like you, I prefer to play the game slowly. I like to take the time to savor the game and appreciate the creativity behind it. It sounds bizarre, but I always like to switch to first person to admire the artistic detail and design of the graphics. I also enjoy finding easter eggs and other secrets. Everyone just appreciates the game differently I guess. No doubt Skyward Sword is indeed incredible, so it is completely understandable why people breeze through it so quickly! Yeah, like you said, seeing how Hyrule will end up is a huge motivator... although I find myself completing dungeons mostly to catch up to Zelda, and unlock new character reactions. The characters' vivid personalities make the plot moving and engaging! :)

Well, a lot of us, I'm sure, were on Thanksgiving Break which provided for plenty of SS playing time. Because of this I was a able to beat it in six days.

Six days?! Gosh that's fast...! I too had Thanksgiving break, but as I mentioned before, I'm only at Lanayru Mining Facility!

Last edited:
It is very simple: Play non-stop. I had to, considering I was under a time constraint. I stayed awake for two days, kept a continual source of energy (food and drink; both high in sugar), and had the motivation to complete the game. I've actually been doing this for years, and it has never failed me. I've even completed two consecutive video games within three days using this method - Tales of Legendia and Shadow of the Colossus (Although, to be fair, Shadow of the Colossus was a bit on the short side).

And there you have it...

GoldenGengle64

A v ^ A v ^
It is very simple: Play non-stop. I had to, considering I was under a time constraint. I stayed awake for two days, kept a continual source of energy (food and drink; both high in sugar), and had the motivation to complete the game. I've actually been doing this for years, and it has never failed me. I've even completed two consecutive video games within three days using this method - Tales of Legendia and Shadow of the Colossus (Although, to be fair, Shadow of the Colossus was a bit on the short side).

And there you have it...

Impressive... beating two games at once and staying up two days... wow! I've never managed to stay up for a full 24 hours. Kudos to for pulling off those feats! :D

My bet is that they don't let themselves get distracted. Me, I've been all like: "well, the next dungeon is over there, if I feel like going; but ooh, random encounters...ooh, collectables...ooh, an intact thing!"

Yes, I've been spending most of my gameplay time fapping about. I found out that you can only carry 99 of one kind of insect. Just let it sink in how long it would take to find that out.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Once you start Skyward Sword, you just don't stop. Also, the puzzles of the game are not that hard to figure out, the only thing keeping people in my opinion from beating the game swiftly is the sidequest content.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
As others have stated, the reason behind this, is because people have been playing non-stop since the first day they got it. I'm not one of those people cause I've only gotten past the first Silent Realm. The reason for this is because I have other things that I've been needing to take care of outside of playing SS: family, work, ZD stuff, etc. But I don't mind though. I like to take my time with it and actually sit down and enjoy the game instead of beating it all in one sitting. :)

J

jokekid

ive beaten it in 33 hours, final boss took me pretty long, and that thing to repeat boss fights also consumed an hour or two... xDD

MW7

Playing the game a lot. I got it Wednesday (Nov. 23) at 4 pm and finished the following Tuesday at 6 pm (a 146 hour time span). My play time was around 35 hours. So I literally played the game around 24% of the time. Factoring in sleep of 8 hours for 6 nights (48 hours), I played the game about 36% of my waking hours (35/98). Even more disgusting when you consider I went to school 2 of those days, had a normal Thanksgiving, went out for Black Friday, and went to work for 8 hours on one of those days.

N

NoSugarTonight

I got the game at midnight on sunday and have played 2-8 hours every day since. I have work and school and my dad always tries to make me to do pointless yardwork. So I've been limited. But Like so many others, I could spend hours just admiring its creativity and ambience. And as with all the zelda games, I do as many things as possible before the temple. I only go to the next temple when their absolutely isn't anything else I can do yet. I'm clocked in at 68 hours and I just beat the final trial. (trying to not spoil anything, though most people have already beaten it, but whatever) I haven't had any troubles with the puzzles in this game except for one instance in a certain temple, where I realized I should be more aware of my surroundings :P I was stuck for like 45 mins. There is alot of content, so the puzzles haven't been what's taking up my time. I almost always talked to everyone in skyloft just to see if they had anything new to say everytime I went back.:)

T

TriforceReviews

im taking the game slow exploring sidequesting when the chance comes. yet even with this do what Thareos said and let my amazement carry swiftly through the game im cureentlly at 42 hrs and almost to the last dungeon so....

My time is in at 25 hours and I'm just now starting the Sandship. I would have beaten it by now, but I have two little siblings who don't really know what to do and aren't really big fans of the series like I am, so they're not far into it at all. (a.k.a. WASTING MY TIME!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom