• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hot Chocolate

Hot chocolate: Milk or water?

• I make my hot chocolate with milk.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I prefer to make hot chocolate with water.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bunny

birb overlord
I prefer my hot chocolate be made with milk for the similar reasons you stated. It's thicker, creamier, and overall just tastes better. I also like to add mint or french vanilla flavoring. Sooo good... :Q__

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
When it comes to cocoa mixes, I actually never taste much of a difference between water and milk. I choose water because I have slight lactose-intolerence. Too much milk in a day and ugh. But when my mom makes homemade hot cocoa... :love: she uses milk and it's some of the best-tasting liquid in the world!

Always with milk. I don't really have hot chocolate without milk. In fact it's the same with instant oatmeal :lol:
I just microwave the milk, then pour it into a cup with the powder. I use a fork to stir it and drop a candy cane in it. Marshmallow, too. Three small ones. Occasionally I'll use actual cream or half-and-half and cocoa powder and just a pinch of sugar... ohhhh. Grandma drops caramel in hers.
Now I want hot chocolate...

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I make mine with mostly water, and then add cold milk after the water has cooked and the chocolate has been added. It brings it down to drinking temperature right away, and gives the drink a creamy goodness.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I do a mixture of both. I pour the boiling water in first and then top 'er off with some milk. I also find that hot chocolate tastes really good with a little coffee creamer as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom