• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Holiday 2022 Release Date?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Unless something really unexpected happens, it's pretty much been confirmed that the sequel to Breath of the Wild will release sometime in the upcoming year, alongside titles like Splatoon 3 and Pokemon Legends: Arceus. I think it might be a little too late for a spring release window like with Breath of the Wild, so I'm imagining a holiday release. It'd be really cool to see a full trailer and title reveal whenever we get our first Direct of the new year, but if not I think it'll for sure get a full drop at E3.

Interestingly, the sequel has almost had a full development cycle at this point, and I do wonder if game development hadn't been hindered by the pandemic if we'd already be playing the sequel right now.

When do you all expect to see the game revealed and released?

I feel like people here are being way too optimistic. I agree with a holiday release date. I expect an E3 blowout.

Pokémon Legends Arceus in January, Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp and Kirby and the Forgotten Land in spring, Splatoon 3 in summer, Bayonetta 3 in September or October, and BotW2 in November. Probably 1 or 2 more unannounced games in late summer/early fall. BotW2 is the major release for next year unless Nintendo makes a new Mario game and gives that the holiday slot instead to go alongside the release of the Mario movie.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Given the lack of information and their unwillingness to show even the game's title, I'm assuming that the game is still too early in development. I'd guess 2023.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Given the lack of information and their unwillingness to show even the game's title, I'm assuming that the game is still too early in development. I'd guess 2023.
They did add it to the list of titles releasing this year in one of their updates last year. But I suppose it is possible they could postpone it for Spring 2023 and I think a reveal during E3 this year would be enough to get the hype back up.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
They did add it to the list of titles releasing this year in one of their updates last year. But I suppose it is possible they could postpone it for Spring 2023 and I think a reveal during E3 this year would be enough to get the hype back up.

Huh, I didn't know that. Well, here's hoping we see a release this year.

I’d say November at the latest. September at the earliest.

Hopefully not summer. It doesn’t feel like a summer game! I know that makes ni sense, but I’d just enjoy the game more if it was released in winter.

I think November is a safe bet. Nintendo and even other devs releasing games on the Switch have been announcing games way closer to their actual release date in recent years, so I’m not worried about not knowing the proper title when we’ve already known about the game itself for some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom