• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hero Mode.

Demise

Army Strong
Okay well I beat Skyward Sword a couple days ago I logged about 42 hours on and I did go to the midnight release But I was wondering has anyone started Hero Mode, I just did but I also just purchased a Wii points card to download Ocarina of Time, because after playing Skyward Sword I really wanted to beat Ocarina of Time, But has anyone else started or have even beaten Hero Mode?

S

[Shadowlink]

Yeah, I finally managed to beat it together with the Hylian Shield 8 Bosses in a row chalenge on hero mode ^^ - and damn, it was well worth a 2nd playtrough if you ask me! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Demise

Army Strong
[Shadowlink];390876 said:
Yeah, I finally managed to beat it together with the Hylian Sword 8 Bosses in a row chalenge on hero mode ^^ - and damn, it was well worth a 2nd playtrough if you ask me! ;)
Hylian Sword?? is that a new sword on the hero mode?

Im at the sandship in hero mode. Do you want to know any changes or anything?

Yea actually could you, I'm really wondering To either start hero mode or beat OoT again.

I may just do a normal 2nd playthrough. From what I've seen on Hero Mode the only thing you get is more of a challenge? I don't play for difficulty so I see no point....

S

[Shadowlink]

Hylian Sword?? is that a new sword on the hero mode?

My humblest apologies, i didn't mean to get you all excited of a new unlockable, haha. I meant to say Hylian Shield -> editing for further misunderstanding, thanks for the remark.

(It's that shield you get from beating 8 bosses in a row on the thunder dragon chalenge - in normal mode it's fairly easy but it gets really chalenging in hero mode difficulty as you don't regain any hearts)But yeah the smirk on your face after obtaining it is well worth the effort! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah could people post any dialogue changes they come across in hero mode? I've heard that there are a couple.

Demise

Army Strong
I may just do a normal 2nd playthrough. From what I've seen on Hero Mode the only thing you get is more of a challenge? I don't play for difficulty so I see no point....
Yea that why I dont know if I want to play it again, if you get like another sword or some new items that are awesome, then I might, but if not ima just beat OoT.

[Shadowlink];390883 said:
My humblest apologies, i didn't mean to get you all excited of a new unlockable, haha. I meant to say Hylian Shield -> editing for further misunderstanding, thanks for the remark.

(It's that shield you get from beating 8 bosses in a row on the thunder dragon Challenge - in normal mode it's fairly easy but it gets really challenging in hero mode difficulty as you don't regain any hearts)But yeah the smirk on your face after obtaining it is well worth the effort! ;)

Oh lol its all good, And that's awesome you can go back and re-fight bosses and get the hylian shield.

The characters know that you are playing in hero mode so they will sometimes say "but you're playing in hero mode, so you probably know all this" and you can skip most of the tutorials. And some characters say things like "normally I would find hearts very easily, but for some reason i can't find them anymore". But there is no story changes from what I recall. But the best thing about hero mode is that because it's so much harder you have to and find heart pieces, medals, adventure pouch slots, bottles and stuff which kinda forces you to explore more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom