• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Heracross and Pinsir Downloadable Events Available in North America

Fig

The Altruist
Two special Pokémon distribution events are coming to North America. These events are based on the Mega Evolutions that Pokémon X & Pokémon Y have introduced this past October. Starting from August 13th to September 17th, players will be able to download Heracross or Pinsir to their copies of Pokémon X & Pokémon Y via download. Players will be receiving the Pokémon that is not the version exclusive for this event. Players with a copy of Pokémon X will receive a Heracross while players with a copy of Pokémon Y will be receiving a Pinsir. In addition to this, starting from August 18th to August 31st, if you go to a GameStop retailer from August 18th to August 31st, you will be able to receive a special serial code to download the Heracronite or Pinisirite Mega Stone that it is respective to the Pokémon that will be available for download. As of now, this event is only available to players in North America.

Heracross will be obtained at Lv. 50 with the moves Bullet Seed, Pin Missile, Close Combat, and Megahorn and will be downloaded into Pokémon X versions. Pinsir will also be obtained at Lv. 50 with the moves X-Scissor, Earthquake, Stone Edge, and Return and will be downloaded into Pokémon Y versions. Both Heracross and Pinsir will have the set Nature of of Adamant but their respective abilities will be chosen at random. Heracross will have either Swarm or Guts while Pinsir will have either Hyper Cutter or Mold Breaker respectively. The Mega Stone event will send the Heracronite to Pokémon X and will send the Pinsirite to Pokémon Y.

There have also been some clarification that came from the Pokémon Global Link after the reveal of the Heracross and Pinsir events. If you are located in Canada or Latin America, have your Pokémon Trainer Club location listed as Canada and have opted in to the official news letter, by Septemeber, you will be able to receive the Mega Stone serial codes through the Pokémon Trainer Club Newslettter. As with the United States who get the download events via GameStop retailer stores, players will be able to get the Heracronite in Pokémon X and the Pinsirite in Pokémon Y if you follow this method.

megapinsir.jpg
megaheracross.jpg

Fig

The Altruist
Randomized abilities make this super dire. I mean, I wouldn't use Megacross anyways, but still.

What I usually do is save before I speak with the Mystery Gift girl and when I receive my gift, I would software reset (press L + R + Start + Select at the same time) and continue this process until I get the right variable, in this case the ability for Heracross and Pinsir. I did this for the nature of my Torchic when the special Torchic event was still going on.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
What I usually do is save before I speak with the Mystery Gift girl and when I receive my gift, I would software reset (press L + R + Start + Select at the same time) and continue this process until I get the right variable, in this case the ability for Heracross and Pinsir. I did this for the nature of my Torchic when the special Torchic event was still going on.

That's a really good idea. I never thought of that. Which is dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom