• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Help Me Compile Timeline Evidence

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
Well i think...

Maybe a split from Twilight Princess?

Because of:

Wolf Link, fountain(similar to TP in Castle town)
Master Sword's scabbard is similar (I'm not sure)
Champion Shirt there's something on the right arm that's similar
to hero's tunic in Twilight princess

The scabbard has the same design in TP and SS.

I also doubt Christianity would exist separately from Hylian religion for the simple fact Hylian religion strongly alludes to Christianity in the first place (Hylia/Zelda= Jesus, Golden Goddesses= the holy trinity, Hyrule is literally called "The Holy Land" in the Japanese version which= Jeruselum, Hylians are the "chosen people" of Hylia= the Isrealites, I could go on) but mixes Christian beliefs with Shinto a bit in SS (Hylia is somewhat a mixture of Ameteratsu and Jesus Christ, Ameteratsu due to being the ancestor of the royal family). The Shiekah also bring a fair bit of Greek mythology into the mix as far as OoT is concerned. Termina itself also derives from the more obscure aspects of Greek mythology like Melphomene, the Muse of Tragedy, the Giants have been argued to be a parallel to Atlas but I don't subscribe to that as strongly as Melphomene

The fact that Hylia (and to a lesser extent the other Gods of Light, but mainly Hylia it seems in context) seems to be symbolized by a modified cross only helps to further the parallels between Hylia and Christianity and I think if anything, Zelda is invoking the Crystal Dragon Jesus trope (along with a hint of interfaith smoothie as far as SS is concerned).

This is a bit of a dodgy subject but this does seem to be furthered even more by the fact the Gerudo seem to have a bit of Islamic flavor to them, and they happen to be on rather rocky terms with the Hylians.

TL;DR Hylian religion seems to BE Christianity, just the version of it in Zelda's settings.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Well i think...

Maybe a split from Twilight Princess?

Because of:

Wolf Link, fountain(similar to TP in Castle town)
Master Sword's scabbard is similar (I'm not sure)
Champion Shirt there's something on the right arm that's similar
to hero's tunic in Twilight princess

You mean the red tunic? I know in TP, Link's Ordon clothes had a similar archer's guard on his clothes like the one on that red tunic in BotW. So are you suggesting that BotW sets place in a TP split timeline where TP Link lost to Ganondorf due to if he didn't train with the Hero's Shade? That's the only logical way for a TP split to work.

And actually, the more I think about all the Downfall Timeline references, I've been thinking, what if there was alternate version of ALBW's event? What if Link didn't receive help from Ravio? What if Link got all his equipment and items all by himself like in ALttP? An alternate take on ALBW where Link gets his own magic bracelet? Maybe this alternate version could be the result if Ganon wasn't defeated in the ALttP. And maybe Beta ALBW happens instead final version ALBW. We know that in the beta of ALBW, Link had a bracelet with green magic energy instead of purple.

That could explain why the Hylian Shield in BotW looks so much like the one from this artwork:

legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds.jpg

a8otYfB.jpg

The two shields look so much alike. They both feature on the base of the shield just the Triforce and Hylia bird symbol by themselves with no other significant design patterns. The only difference is that ALBW Beta Hylian Shield from the E3 art looks newer, freshly made, and clean. While the one in BotW looks very old, used, beat up from battle, and dirty. ALBW Beta Hylian Shield from E3 art is more colorful. While the BotW Hylian Shield is plain and simple. Could mean that BotW takes in an alternate Downfall Timeline ALttP split where the Era of Decline occurred sooner (or later)? It is possible for Link to lose to Ganon in ALttP if Link fights him without any of the Master Sword and tunic upgrades. This could why any surviving Sheikah and Zelda's power of Hylia had to intervene. Link and the maidens except Zelda failed to stop Ganon. So it was to the Sheikah and Zelda with her Hylia divinity reawoken to seal Ganon, leading up to the game that ALBW almost was (Beta ALBW), a repeat of ALttP. A second chance. Beta ALBW Link kills Ganon, and prosperity is restored to a declining kingdom. A millennium of peace passes as the Hyrule has no need for a hero in green anymore, until Ganon's vengeful spirit comes in the form of Calamity Ganon and now it's BotW Link's time to be a hero like in his past life as Beta ALBW Link.

Link fails to stop Calamity Ganon, so he is put into the shrine of resurrection, where 100 years pass. Link wakes, embarks on a quest to restore all his memories, reclaim the Spirit of the Hero, and finally put an end to Ganon once and for all! So this game would be a parallel to the original Zelda. Hence all the references.

So this could be the new Downfall Split Timeline (post ALttP):

|ALttP--->ALBW/TFH--->TLoZ/TAoL
|---\--->Z3DS--->OoX/LA--->BotW(past)--->BotW(present)

Z3DS = Beta ALBW

Sorry if anyone doesn't agree with this. This best Downfall Timeline placement that I can think right now that makes sense to me.

As for Child timeline. Well, that's looking to be quite doubtful at this point. We don't even see the Bridge of Eldin in BotW. How can such a huge bridge just disappear like that. Let alone such big gap in the Earth's surface to just suddenly close up and be covered in land? Just doesn't make much of any sense. Sorry.

DeadGuyL

Fierce Deity
You mean the red tunic? I know in TP, Link's Ordon clothes had a similar archer's guard on his clothes like the one on that red tunic in BotW. So are you suggesting that BotW sets place in a TP split timeline where TP Link lost to Ganondorf due to if he didn't train with the Hero's Shade? That's the only logical way for a TP split to work.

And actually, the more I think about all the Downfall Timeline references, I've been thinking, what if there was alternate version of ALBW's event? What if Link didn't receive help from Ravio? What if Link got all his equipment and items all by himself like in ALttP? An alternate take on ALBW where Link gets his own magic bracelet? Maybe this alternate version could be the result if Ganon wasn't defeated in the ALttP. And maybe Beta ALBW happens instead final version ALBW. We know that in the beta of ALBW, Link had a bracelet with green magic energy instead of purple.

That could explain why the Hylian Shield in BotW looks so much like the one from this artwork:

legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds.jpg

a8otYfB.jpg

The two shields look so much alike. They both feature on the base of the shield just the Triforce and Hylia bird symbol by themselves with no other significant design patterns. The only difference is that ALBW Beta Hylian Shield from the E3 art looks newer, freshly made, and clean. While the one in BotW looks very old, used, beat up from battle, and dirty. ALBW Beta Hylian Shield from E3 art is more colorful. While the BotW Hylian Shield is plain and simple. Could mean that BotW takes in an alternate Downfall Timeline ALttP split where the Era of Decline occurred sooner (or later)? It is possible for Link to lose to Ganon in ALttP if Link fights him without any of the Master Sword and tunic upgrades. This could why any surviving Sheikah and Zelda's power of Hylia had to intervene. Link and the maidens except Zelda failed to stop Ganon. So it was to the Sheikah and Zelda with her Hylia divinity reawoken to seal Ganon, leading up to the game that ALBW almost was (Beta ALBW), a repeat of ALttP. A second chance. Beta ALBW Link kills Ganon, and prosperity is restored to a declining kingdom. A millennium of peace passes as the Hyrule has no need for a hero in green anymore, until Ganon's vengeful spirit comes in the form of Calamity Ganon and now it's BotW Link's time to be a hero like in his past life as Beta ALBW Link.

Link fails to stop Calamity Ganon, so he is put into the shrine of resurrection, where 100 years pass. Link wakes, embarks on a quest to restore all his memories, reclaim the Spirit of the Hero, and finally put an end to Ganon once and for all! So this game would be a parallel to the original Zelda. Hence all the references.

So this could be the new Downfall Split Timeline (post ALttP):

|ALttP--->ALBW/TFH--->TLoZ/TAoL
|---\--->Z3DS--->OoX/LA--->BotW(past)--->BotW(present)

Z3DS = Beta ALBW

Sorry if anyone doesn't agree with this. This best Downfall Timeline placement that I can think right now that makes sense to me.

As for Child timeline. Well, that's looking to be quite doubtful at this point. We don't even see the Bridge of Eldin in BotW. How can such a huge bridge just disappear like that. Let alone such big gap in the Earth's surface to just suddenly close up and be covered in land? Just doesn't make much of any sense. Sorry.

No. I'm talking about the actual link's clothes on the BotW (Champion Shirt) That blue-one

I'm still thinking that the crosses symbolize Christianity. Hylia symbols are usually shaped like birds, not crosses! The triangle on the two shields could just imply that there an alliance between Christians and Hylians at one point.
Well, Miyamoto probably did the design after christianity. Maybe he envisioned link to be a descendant of a templar or something. I think it is safe to retcon those small references we have in the early games.

Btw, I wouldn't be surprised if they changed it to not upset some americans. I have seen the same thing happen in animes.

VitaTempusN92

Well, Miyamoto probably did the design after christianity. Maybe he envisioned link to be a descendant of a templar or something. I think it is safe to retcon those small references we have in the early games.

Btw, I wouldn't be surprised if they changed it to not upset some americans. I have seen the same thing happen in animes.

Yeah, and I seen the same thing happen in video games before as well. Mainly Assassin's Creed. All because most atheists have rude, cruel, and disrespectful towards religious folk. So what if there are people who believe in God and they don't. That's mean they should hate on them for believing in something that they don't. Just because people believe things differently, that shouldn't effect entertainment. Entertainment should be appealing to as much audiences as possible. Both religious people and atheists. I can't help but dream of a future where there is peace for everyone of every part of society, religious or non-religious.

It's not right to force beliefs on others, people should the right to believe what they want. If they don't want to believe in God, that's fine, but they just shouldn't disrespect those who do, especially since those who do usually respect non-believers, and yet, the opposite (disrespect) is usually how non-believers pay believers back in return. Which isn't right. Anyways, enough of that talk. On with the topic.

I actually really don't know what to say about timeline placement for BotW other than anytime in the Downfall Timeline. Since that's the closed thing to real timeline placement that I believe in. I wish I can share it on here. But after trying to do that on Zelda Universe, then on youtube, people tore the timeline theory apart and said it doesn't work, when I know deep in my heart that it does. Especially, after finding one piece of evidence that people kept on overlooking. And mostly probably because of all the other evidence getting in the way convincing people. There's the one constantly overlooked in-game proof (a simple straight line of text actually) that really nails it down to only place the game can go.

But, like I said, if I reveal it, people will think I'm crazy as always, doubt, and say the one line doesn't mean anything when it clearly does! So, I think it's for the best that I just wait until Nintendo confirms the placement in the timeline to see if me right or not, or at least until more game footage is shown that might contain even stronger evidence to back my real timeline placement theory.

So, for now, all I can say is that BotW is somehow connected to both the Downfall Timeline and Pre-Split Timeline. That's all. And that this evidence I was talking about has to do with Hylia. That's all I can say for now, until I can find stronger evidence at least.

VitaTempusN92

Now after the recent image posted the Breath of the Wild facebook, I now strongly believe that a Downfall Timeline placement is most likely for BotW now. More specifically, it feels like to me that BotW will be after TFH, before TLoZ, explaining why the Master Sword is not present in TLoZ or TAoL, where in that generation, we instead had the Magic Sword and/or the Cris Sword (the sword from the cartoon and the comics). This also explains how the old kingdom of Hyrule went into ruins, transforming into the baron wasteland we see in TLoZ, hence the new Hyrule kingdom established in a the land seen in TAoL.

I don't know about you but this image below:

15747486_389143734754158_8599587485775492528_n.jpg

Just gives prelude to TLoZ vibes. :)

Aku

There is one problem to that theory... The Old Man has stated Hyrule had been peaceful for centuries. If it's on Downfall Timeline, is there be any era on that timeline that has been peaceful for at least two or more centuries?

There is one problem to that theory... The Old Man has stated Hyrule had been peaceful for centuries. If it's on Downfall Timeline, is there be any era on that timeline that has been peaceful for at least two or more centuries?
Post aLttP pre LoZ was quite peaceful, aside from Yuga being a minor annoyance that almost the entirety of Hyrule didn't notice. Also, depending on how far done the road it is, post AoL is pretty peaceful due to the Royal Family having the full Triforce again.

VitaTempusN92

I believe, like what Hero of Legend just said, there's the Golden Era. However, that's usually involving the OoX and LA, which are up for debate as when they actually take place. But there's also the use of the Triforce with Monarchy, which I believe is most likely to fit with what comes post TFH.

For a long time, I've come to the conclusion that OoX and LA don't happen in the Downfall Timeline cause I could never find a point that that timeline where they would fit in best most logically. So I moved them to the Child Timeline after TP in fan timeline belief. This is mostly because ALBW and TFH. ALBW is a debatable retcon that caused another change to the canon of ALttP, this time where the Era of Light and Dark is still going on after ALttP. I believe that ALBW is the end of the Era of Light and Dark.

First off, Hyrule's Triforce is in the Sacred Realm when it should be in Hyrule Castle. Second, there is still an emphasis on Light and Darkness. Then there's Ganon which was supposed to be dead after ALttP, retconned into being sealed instead of killed. This is likely to properly link ALttP to ALBW and later.

Also, I believe that BotW is true beginning of the Era of Decline. As in this era Hyrule experiences a major downfall and decline if you will, so after BotW, Link will likely search for more lands to help expand Hyrule to return Hyrule as a kingdom back to it former glory but only better than ever. These new lands would come to be what was largely well known as North Hyrule and East Hyrule. Which is all the reason why I believe this game definitely has to be before TLoZ since neither North Hyrule or East Hyrule seem to even exist yet in BotW's time period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom