• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Noticed Things in Zelda Character's Names?

onebizarrekai

gay energy
In a Zelda character's names, have you noticed anything? Like a translation of a certain word almost exactly the same as it, or even exactly the same?

I was messing around on Yahoo Babel Fish, and I found out that the Portuguese translation of "Angel" is "Anjo". The MM innkeeper's name is "Anju". Do you think they did that on purpose?

Well I once read that people thought Ghirihim was eviler then he turned out to be and thought he'd be probably worse than demise because his name has hints to the seven deadly sins.

I believe that is the point to some of the characters names - they are suppose to translate into something to mean something. Just look at the mogmas in Skyward Sword - all their names seem to refer to a metal compound of some type for example.

Pen

The game is on!
I think that word "Parella" is rather interesting. "Par" is most likely from the French word "parapluie" which means umbrella, while "ella" is well, "umbrella"! And if we take a look at the actual race, we can clearly see the resemblance to the umbrella.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I did notice that a lot of characters in Skyloft of SS have names based on birds, for example, Groose (goose/grouse), Strich (ostrich), Parrow (sparrow), and Sparrot (parrot). Likewise, I did notice that most Mogmas have names based on metals and minerals, such as Plats (platinum), Ledd (lead), Kortz (quartz), and Silva (silver); I never knew my enthusiasm for chemistry would come in handy in a Zelda game!

TNinja

Of the Gorons
I did notice that a lot of characters in Skyloft of SS have names based on birds, for example, Groose (goose/grouse), Strich (ostrich), Parrow (sparrow), and Sparrot (parrot). Likewise, I did notice that most Mogmas have names based on metals and minerals, such as Plats (platinum), Ledd (lead), Kortz (quartz), and Silva (silver); I never knew my enthusiasm for chemistry would come in handy in a Zelda game!

WOW, i didn't even notice that, i need to start paying more attention in these zelda games

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Nah, I don't pay attention to any names. The only thing I've noticed is that the towns in AoL are the names of the sages in OoT except Mido of course.

Nicholas

The legend of nick
Well I once read that people thought Ghirihim was eviler then he turned out to be and thought he'd be probably worse than demise because his name has hints to the seven deadly sins.

WHAT!
Really how explain please

Serade of water,
Song of time,
Song of healing.
Just trying to reach the mimamum

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom