• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Met a Person IRL That You Met on the Internet?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
In fact yes I have. I have met quite a lot of people I met online. There is a dutch social network site called Hyves and I met a couple of hockey freaks there and we arranged a meeting and I have seen them a lot of times. One has become a very good friend of mine who lives only 15 minutes away from me. I also met a couple of people on facebook. They live in Belgium and I went to Germany with them a month or two back.
And then there is TDL, which is a Narnia Site I joined in 2006 and there were a few dutch people and a german girl and we met at an entertainment park in 2008. And in 2009 I met 2 american friends from that same Site. I went to Anaheim in 2009 and one of them also lived in Anaheim and another friend Linda lived near LA and picked us up from the Airport and she had us over for Thanksgiving and the both of them really have been great friends.

I would like to meet all of you but Termy and me will have a Dr Who Marathon, Octorok, Punchy and Vanny will be introduced to Dr Who by us :P Jimmy.f27 will show me the wii-u. Laz will mow the lawn and the british members will all be our entertainers with TBR as our top hat :lol: Mandy will show me how to do the Ganondorf-dance :P
And Djinny will show us how to do the daily Djinn stuff

Last edited:

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Other than my older sister, Navisword, that I've known since birth, I've never met anyone from the internet. However, I'd love to meet ANYONE on or off ZD just to know who they are IRL. I would love to meet any member on ZD, but ones on the top of my head are Furie, Trio the Punch, A Link in time, i-am-link, Lord Vain, toonlink, Ghirahimiscool, PancakeSamurai, Din Akera, Rishian, Random Person, Colonel-Majora, Tatl Tails, & anyone else that was accidentally not on the top of my head.

Last edited:

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
i once met tom fulp from newgrounds at a pax convention. he and i only spoke a little bit online but we waited in line for the bathrooms together.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I would like to meet all of you but Termy and me will have a Dr Who Marathon, Octorok, Punchy and Vanny will be introduced to Dr Who by us :P Jimmy.f27 will show me the wii-u. Laz will mow the lawn and the british members will all be our entertainers with TBR as our top hat :lol: Mandy will show me how to do the Ganondorf-dance :P
And Djinny will show us how to do the daily Djinn stuff

Cannot unlaugh.

Convert all the ZD members to Whovians!

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I came close to meeting someone.. but it changed at the last minute and i think for the better.. I could smell that this person was not all there or all together... it was for the better that i didn't meet this guy lol..
at the moment maybe i shouldn't meet anyone from here because I have the need to reaquiant my self with some of the people here lol.. (i don't do to well with first meetings lol)

Magatha

Magatha
Well, Mandym287 is my friend irl, and so are mninja13 and onewafighter, but that is where I met them, so it doesn't count.

You are one of my few really good friends online who it might be cool to meet in person, Atsuma. A couple othersI would like to meet are HoT and Random Person.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I have met several of my online friends! The first was a guy I met on a forum for my favorite band. I didn't talk to him often, but when he told me he was coming to Alaska for a trip, we made plans to meet up. Caleb and I hung out with him and his wife for an afternoon and had a grand time. Now we are on friendly terms, and I know if I ever end up in his city, I can say hello.

My second meeting was with a photographer who lives here. We became friends because of photography, and since then, it's become a valuable relationship to me. She came down to my town for a visit a few years back and we said a quick hello. 2 summers ago, she came for another visit, and this time we went to dinner together.

I've also met a couple of women who I initially connected with because they blogged about moving to my town. I formed a fun friendship with one of them, and the other girl ended up moving out of here, but we had fun then as well.

Oh, and forum friends. Well, the big one is going to Chicago and seeing Mases, MrMosley, Cartoons, Josh, Gooey, Trevor, Justin (Cooldogs). I have been scheming to meet up with other good friends from ZD, but so far my plans have not worked out.

All this to say, I am grateful for my online friendships, and they are enriched when we get to meet in person, putting faces to names!

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
One of my closest friends that I've known for about 4-5 years now lives an hour away from me, but I still have not ever seen him in person yet. I would definitely really like to meet my close online friends in person though.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I've met quite a few people relating to Zelda Dungeon.

First met up with Cartoons back in June 2009. I was honestly quite nervous about it, but it went well. He has since come by two additional times.

I met Caleb and Michelle in October of 2010. Was a lot of fun and coincidentally, the few days they were over, I met up with Joseph/Gooey, since he lives just a few minutes from my house.

I went to the Zeldathon in July of 2011 so I met up with a lot of the people that run that successful marathon.

I met up with Jake/TheGreen in August of 2011 and that was fun.

Since then it's been a bit more common. I met a few people at press-related events for Darksiders II. I met tons of people at the Zelda Dungeon Marathon. I met several people at the Zelda Symphony show in Chicago and several more since then.

Everytime I do meet somebody that I only knew online, I am a tad bit nervous, but I'm getting slightly more accustomed to it.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Unfortunately, I'm extremely paranoid about internet security and thus I'll probably never meet anyone from the internet in real life unless it's a magical chance meeting. It's probably better for me anyway. There was this one person out there who... well, yeah, it's probably for the best that I didn't accept her invitation to meet up...

I'd really love to meet PK Flash, Timeless, and Wolferz, though. They've been my friends for a while on another site and all converted to ZD around the same time. And there are quite a few other ZDers that I'd be really interested in meeting. Those are just the three I think of off the top of my head.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Most people I talk to online I know irl! but I think meeting someone you know online but not irl would be really weird but awesome the same time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom